Gonna get new wheels.

Reaction score
Hey all my tyres are getting a little low in tread and am thinking of just buying new alloys as well.

I really like RS6's and was thinking of 19" ones but loads of people have got them and have been considering some others. I just wanna see what you folk think.

nogaro.jpg

Those are Rial Nogaros.

I also quite like these but they are off a merc but should still fit

3d_1_b.JPG

ea_1_b.JPG

All the above are in 19". I would like to hear what most of you think about them and am not suere how many replies i will get though since it has been pretty quiet of late.

Cheers folks,
Paul.

I really like the first shot you posted, I'd consider those myself.

Not keen on the others though, I dislike the large center section of alloy.

Kev.

Paul

Think they would look pretty good on your car in 18s,but in 19" form i am not sure if they wouldnt look too chunky on your car. i.e the large centre section.

Also how heavy are they? Worth considering in terms of performance.

Cheers

Ian

Yeah the merc wheels will pobably weigh a ton!!

I may just get RS6's with a little twist.

But the rial rims are nice to.

We will see.

If anyone else has some suggestions post some pics please.

I like those too...

Check out German e-bay, I saw a set just like those recently for about £400 shipped.

It's all about the deep dish man! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i like the rial so much, i was also thinking of ordering a set..... never found em for less than £1000 over here tho!!

the RS6's with a twist....... did you spot a pic of a set that were sprayed up in an anthracite colour??

Yeah Anthracite is what i was planning like the RS6+ ones and like my current wheels.

Yeah the Rials are on German Ebay as well for bot £500.

Dunno whether to just get the Rials in 18inch cos they are like under £700 with tyres.

brushed looks very cool, anything split and you'll be laughing performance wise /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Liking those Rial's a lot.

I believe OZ superleggra's are the lightest alloy wheel.

John

Yeah i like the 2 piece rims but i definatelty not forking out that much for rims.

As i need to buy coilovers soon aswell otherwise my car will look daft.

I think i am just going to go for 19" RS6 rims as there is an RS6 that sits quite near my house and the wheels look pretty cool.

Right folks i have found a set of RS6's pretty cheap here and was wondering on the tyre size that comes with them.

The come with 225/35/19 tyres.

Most 19inch alloy and tyre deals i have looked at come with 235/35/19.

What you guys think?

I would try the wider tyre but you may end up with tyre rub if you don't have a proper setup.

Back to rims and something a lot cheaper what about these as the RS6 is becoming quite common.

catalunya_front_black.jpg
cat-b.jpg

kyalami_front_black.jpg
kya-b.jpg

Yeah they are pretty nice but i am not a big TSW fan.

I will get the RS6's powdered anthracite though so they will be a little different.

When i called the boy who has the RS6's for sale he said that they have put 225's on them as the 235's rub at the front on the A4's.

I just wonder if he is tellin porkies or not.

I dont wanna then get 235's and have them rubbing!!

I will then be getting 19" RS6's for under £800 and will then have some money left over for coilovers.

find out what ETA they are also I have beed told that some year differ slightly in the setup and only big rims highlight the difference.

I guess the ETA is the offset?

If so they are 35.

Here is the link to them
Alloys

My car i think will be exactly the same as yours. (as standard)

It is a 2000 1.8T quattro sport nDBW.

Thanks for the help Docurley!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Well as I understand A4's are meant to be 45 ETA but have know people to getaway with 35.

I think the newer A4's are 35 as standard but don't quote me on that.

You'll need et of 35 if the wheel is 8 inch or wider. et45 is fine for thinner width wheels such as the standard 7.5" avus wheel off my S4.

John