EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status

Coil upgrade harness (obsolete)

Well ive just been in contact with TPS to get the coil upgrade harness 1J0971658L and its been made obsolete and replaced by two wires anyone no where i can source one in the uk rather than the one ECS tuning do ???
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

2. # ADS
    ADS

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    try 1J0971658M

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Status
    All utter bull**** lol got our parts lad to ring them back and they said 'we dont carry that 2 day order' 'can i order one ?' he said which they replied 'sure' someone obviously got something wrong lol probably our parts lad he can be abit numb at times.

so i have one ordered for wednesday !!

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

Proud sponsor of the snack food industry

Status
    What's this harness all about then?
    2000 1.8t quattro Sport totally standard (ish)

Status
    To upgrade to the hitachi 'E type coils or 2.0T push downs with adapters im doing the bolt down option on saturday.

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    The harness is just a replacement bit of loom, for golf platform cars, which happens to include the coil pack connectors.

Its handy to use to convert the earlier cars to use the newer coils though as it has all the plugs in the right place and plenty of wire to work with.

Status
    If im going to be running the E type bolt downs what plug gap would you guys recommened ???

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    standard? 0.8mm i believe

Status
    Is .032 suitable for these coils ive read .040 but iirc this is when running 2.0T coils ????

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    0.032" is just over 0.8mm which is the stock gap.

Status
    Can i increase the gap or am i best off running at 0.032" ???

look whats just turned up !!!

Status
    Going to tackle the coil harness on saturday but have a few Q's as i want to get it right first time now looking at this diagram

the four wires that go to the icm then come out to the coils can i splice in to the first four wires before the icm and pull the wiring out the existing loom to clean it up a bit also the ground for the icm i take it that it runs back through the loom and i just ground to the valve cover ?

now it says to bridge pins two and four and create a new ground now wont the stock location ground for one of the pins be already there so i just need to bridge the other pin so in theory i could just put these four wires to the icm brown ground rather than grounding it on the valve cover or do these go with the valve cover ground (icm brown).

im slightly confused with the icm ground if theres no icm why does it need to be grounded if it is the icms earth ???

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Pull the loom back is best way and double the old ICM earth back and stuff it on the valve cover too. The new coils for some reason use 2 earths, no harm in giving it them.

Status
    Right ive just stripped the new harness and marked out pins for each coil now pin 2 on the new loom is spliced and comes out as two brown wires (1 small & 1 big ) can i pin the big one and pin the icm earth wire and put them in my connector then ring the small one off on to the valve cover ????

Status
    Well been at it and SUCCESS !!!

fired up first time and throttle response is alot better especially in high gears at low rpm no more misfiring now and idle is more stable.

just a few pics

old coils and valve cover.

New valve cover and coils, wiring stripped.

Old coil harness and icm wires pulled though old coils and icm.

Icm location tidied up a bit.

Citroen 16 way connector for easy removal of harness.

and the finished product