Car taking a while to warm up?

Reaction score
Noticed recently the car is taking a very long time to warm up. Oil is only reaching 80 degrees and that's after about 40 mins and the water is reaching 90 but taking about 15 mins.

This may be normal and maybe I thinking it used to be quicker as the other car I was using was up to temp in 5 mins.

Cool, I was thinking this. I meant to replace it when I was doing the belts and pump but forgot to order it. Silly me for being impatient. Least I can replace without too much agro!

Is there such a thermostat that would make the car warm up quicker than the ordanary one?

nope, the thermostat (when working properly) stays completely closed until around 88c

When they get old they can either stick, or they crack open too early and stop the engine from reaching temp.

If you do buy a new thermostat, buy a Genuine one.
Even these aren't as good as they used to be, I had to change mine a few months ago after barely 3yrs/30k of motorway miles.
Aftermarket 'stats are known for being liable to being faulty out of the box, at least with buying Genuine it minimises the risk and they aren't that much more expensive.

Bit of a lottery all round now I think. I had a faulty genuine one fresh out the box. What ever you get, drop it in some boiling water first just to make sure it opens fully.