Please can someone give me an idea of how much to advertise my 2.8Q A4 for?

pjw

Reaction score
I have a 2.8 Quattro A4 and im looking to sell it, putting it in the classified on here. I just dont know what to advertise it for. Could anyone help?

Some details:

97 A4 Quattro 2.8 V6 Manual
142k with some service history
Full Black Leather
Aircon / Climate
6CD / Audi Concert
16" Audi alloys
Years MOT
6 Month Tax
Full Stainless exhaust from Longlife
Lowered on S4 springs

Bad bits:
Scabbiness on drivers front arch

Recent work:
£2k of receipts from last two years
Replaced ABS control module last year
Full service last week.
Full MOT
New flexy done at C&C Stainless exhausts last week
Two new front tyres (last week, again for MOT)
New rear wheel bearings
Aside from the above scabby arch, car is spotless as is interior.
Everything works
Regularly just bimbles along at 31mpg average
VAGCOM scans clear. Will include VAGCOM cable and software with sale.

I would love a guide price please.

79rjr.jpg

Hi mate, i buy, fix and sell cars (often buy them with issues!) and unfortunately they don't sell too well at the moment ! I would say £1500 tops being a quattro and the right time of the year for them, sometimes you can break it for more or just about that ! Just as a guide, 1.8TQS sell for £1000 to £2000 and they are newer platform and smaller engines + a little more special being tweaked by GMBH- the tuning part of VAG group responsible for s and rs models !

I have 2x b5 avants 1.8TQS fully loaded: parking sensors, ESP, climate,cruise, nice 17" alloy wheels + new tyres, half leather seats and i am asking £1100 for one (needs few bits: door card and 2 rear window trims) and £1600 for the other (later has brand new turbo, brand new clutch, Eibach suspension, new shocks all round, remapped to 225Bhp, Forge blow off valve and much, much more!) and i only get daft offers for them !!!

I also have a b5 tdi quattro sport, avant, been fully resprayed last year, facelift s4 bumpers, leather, cruise, 180Bhp v6 tdi diesel engine, rs4 rear diff, new propshaft, rs4 rear ARB 17mm, full Lemforder front suspension, genuine rs4 shocks all round, Eibach springs, short shifter, Bose, etc. Had it advertised for 2.5k and not even a call !?!

Please bear in mind that diesels are much more desirable than petrols and often sought after by eastern europeans who have spare cash and don't mind higher mileage IF in good mechanical nick !

after looking on here and ebay they don't bring a lot.. and the larger engine isn't for everyone. I was going to go for about 900 for a quick sale? time will tell if my phone rings! thanks for the above.

after looking on here and ebay they don't bring a lot.. and the larger engine isn't for everyone. I was going to go for about 900 for a quick sale? time will tell if my phone rings! thanks for the above.

In Kingfisher Blue too! £900 is a fair price. Any lower and you're giving it away.

yeh i'd say your talking under a grand for a PFL 2.8.

Bottom line is that its a 15 year old car, with a big thirsty engine.

Your £900 asking price seems like a sensible starting point :)

nt as thirsty as I imagined
I picked up an A6 2.8q and it returns 29mpg on B road journeys

but sorry to say I picked it up in eBay for £550
full leather bose sound, all the toys, avant, extra row of seats etc etc

Looks a nice clean motor, with plenty of recent work, but as others have said its a 15 year old motor, with a big ole petrol engine. So i'd say anywhere from £900 (cheap) to around £1300...I'd advertise it for £1250, and see what happens. :salute: