Quick connect heater matrix hose

NineNails

Proud sponsor of the snack food industry
Reaction score
The one that connects to the plastic flange pipe at back of head.
Does anyone know the size of the sealing o ring just inside the pipe?
Getting desperate to stop it leaking and can't get to the dealers for one
Cheers :)

Also, is there supposed to be anything else inside that connection? It seems a bit not right that all that seals the connector is an o ring on the pipe spiggot. I've not lost a rubber washer out of there or something have I?

no, all that is in there is the o-ring.
mine was leaking and when i opened it a few weeks ago the ring came out in 6 pieces.
dont know how it wasnt washed away.
i just got 10 different o-rings from a local auto factors for the princely sum of 2 euro.
used the one that i thought fitted best inside the pipe - no leaks now.

Audi dont sell the seal sepreately either and theres nothing in ETKA.

You sure its not a cracked flange?

Thanks for the input lads.
I'm hoping the flange is not cracked Kev but it's kind of hard to have a good look back there. I want to try the easy things first :) The coolant is dripping off the bottom of the hose so I thought I'd try an o ring in there. I have a new cts to fit too so that will rule out that o ring. If it still leaks then it's gotta be the flange. Looks a tw*t of a job so wanted to avoid if possible mate

My housing had a hair line crack on it just at the bottom of the bend.

41D4904B-46D0-4795-A941-CF09F6F9D880-5241-00000631CD38A52E.jpg

if you look at this pic were the bottom 10mm is if you look to the left of it and up abit you can see a circle just slightly from when its been molded mine was leaking there.

What's the flange like to change then, much pain?

Piece of **** two bolts and slides off the pipe just dont drop one of the bolts on to the gearbox couldnt find it at all so got a bolt and washer bleed it up and then spotted it while checking for any leaks and threw it back in OCD i no lol when you get a new one you will need a new bung and clip i also changed my temp sensor to the green instead of blue. I also change the header tank so it was fresh and pink :)

Changed o ring and still leaking :(
I have a new flange but it has two sensor ports. No problem I thought. I can use the old cts as a bung in the spare port. Pulled clip out of cts and promptly lost it down the back somewhere, so can't do it now untill next weekend when I can get time and a new clip.
Another problem is I have the wrong cts. I recieved a blue 4 pin square cts. My cts is black and a D shape 4 pin. I can only see green ones for sale, is this ok??

Last edited:
All new ones are green.

Only buy Genuine CTS from the dealer (or TPS) the saving isnt worth the hassle if it then starts acting odd.

Just to update: All fixed :)
Wasn't too bad to do, with minimal damage to arms. There is a moulding seam along the pipe and that's where mine had been leaking. I'd also got some better, slightly fatter 'O' rings for the heater hose and a proper blanking plug for the spare port. I had to buy 10 'O' rings so if anyone wants one just PM me.
For the search engines out there... Heater pipe o ring size for a good tight fit is 21mm ID x 4mm cross section
Thanks for all the help as ever lads :)
Si.