Cruise Install at Fontain

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Drove over to Iver yesterday,so Fontain could put my cruise in.

The first thing they did was plug their diagnostic laptop into the ECU socket inside the car & we went for a five mile test drive, while they took all sorts of readings. The engine got a clean bill of health. All the MAF readings were right on the money. Then I left them to get on with the work, whilst I went to Uxbridge in search of breakfast & a TV showing the cricket. They drove me into Uxbridge in one of their own courtesy cars.

They collected me from Uxbridge about 4.45pm, when the car was ready, & then I got the best news of all. All of the repairs I thought needed doing as well as the cruise control installation, didn't need doing. They said the back brakes (discs and pads I'd been told at the last service were at death's door) still had plenty of life in them (£200 I didn't have to pay), and what I had also been told was an oil leak from the rear output shaft seal at the back of the gearbox turned out to be an old oil spillage that had seeped down onto the gearbox, and then dripped onto the driveway. They just cleaned it all up for me & told me to do the same to the drive (another £150 or so saved). At the same time, they re-programmed the central locking to auto-lock and unlock.

Total bill was £383. Oh yeah, & while I was paying the bill, they washed & vacuumed it. They really are great people.

I set off for home about 5.30, and took full advantage of the cruise to maintain a steady 40mph through the variable limit section of the M25 in full rush hour.

Good stuff Jeff.

It's nice to be able to talk to someone who knows what they are on about and that you can trust - good work.

Kev.

Sounds great Jeff.

Its also nice to hear that some companies still remember a nice little thing called customer service. Manners makeith not only man but also company!!