TQS brakes possible issue/problem

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
My brakes were replaced a good few months ago (312mm and standard rear) along with goodridge hoses and also ATE super blue fluid, now they have bed in they dont seem sharp enough they are better but not how i want them to be if you catch my drift, basically when you press the pedal it seems there is roughly about an inch of travel in the pedal before i can feel the brakes bite, theres probably about 2-2.5 inch of travel on the pedal but does stop fairly well if i apply a lot off pressure, also if braking continuously the pedal goes hard as normal with very little drop.

any ideas ???

i would like to possibly change/upgrade the master cylinder as its gotta be past its use by date by now.

Thanks in advance.

Try bleeding them again.

There is always a bit of travel, but the brakes should bite nicely once the travel goes away. What pads did you fit, as they make a huge difference to how it feels.

I thought pad choice may get mentioned here ive got mintex red box all round, when i fitted the brake hoses i made sure when bleeding the fluid was bright blue and not a light diluted colour as so i flushed out all the old crap, ive got my meyle control arms to fit as my tyres were wearing on the inner edge so im thinking the there may be some toe in affecting my braking possibly ?? I was thinking about changing the pad choice but ive just replaced so dont want to fork out again as im planning on sorting the turbo out with my next budget as im upgrading to the f21 FT CHRA and need a new manifold.