Hey guys, I'm really hoping someone could help me out with a problem that has occurred today on my A4 with the lights.
The fuse 22 (5A) (Rear parking light-right) has blown and when I replace it with another 5A fuse, it blows again as soon as I turn the ignition.
Some things I know and have tested...
* I've tested all the bulbs everywhere and they're all ok.
* No red right rear light when lights are on.
* When I turn the indicator switch to the right all the indicators on the right, all the front lights and the red rear on the right side flash at the same time.
* When I brake all the indicators on the right side come on (front and back) (And the little one on the dash)
* If I put a stronger fuse than 5A in fuse 22 slot (like 10A) and turn the ignition, all the indicators on the right side are stuck on, as well as the both red rear lights, and after about 5 minutes the fuse burns out and were back to the drawing board.
* I have an Rclick remote control locking system (after-market) but I completely disconnected it and did the tests again and got the same results. But I did notice that when it was connected and I locked the car, instead of just the indicators flashing to say the car is locked as normal, EVERY light (Front and Back) flashed!!!
* I checked all of the connections and the central locking pump for corrosion or a short-out but I couldn't find anything bad. Its bone dry in the back compartment areas.
* When I turn the hazards lights on they are working normally, all flashing all around, which makes me think the hazard switch is okay.
* I have after-market angel-eye front lights that were fitted by a previous owner and haven't caused any problems before.
Maybe its a relay or another fuse somewhere else? Or a water short somewhere else? (We have snow here now!)
I would really appreciate any feedback, thanks a lot in advance...