Thats Better!

• Thread starter imported_kenloen
  • Start date
I

imported_kenloen

checked me tyre pressures on Saturday, 20lb NSF, 24lb both the rears. Pumped them all to 32 and instantly got 3mpg more !!! now getting 32mpg @80-85 mph motorway cruising!

Thats better!

32? i wish i get more like 24! do me a favour mate next time u gettin low and the ole petrol light is about to come on, stick a tenner in and c how many miles you get! some times im lucky to get 45-50 miles. not hammering around like a hoon either nice and steady out of boost most of the time!!

usually costs £45 to fill it, and for that i get around 280-300 miles, but 180 of them will be motorway and steady at 85mph. round town its pretty crap .. very low 20's...

this 3mpg difference was the readings what i get from the display on motorway, i thought it a pretty good improvement for just tyre pressure..

2.6Q

[ QUOTE ]
32? i wish i get more like 24! do me a favour mate next time u gettin low and the ole petrol light is about to come on, stick a tenner in and c how many miles you get! some times im lucky to get 45-50 miles. not hammering around like a hoon either nice and steady out of boost most of the time!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't get an accurate MPG reading like that. You need to fill it up to the first pump-cutoff, and reset the trip to zero. Then do a representative spread of normal driving until the tank is nearly empty (say when the low fuel warning light comes on), then go back to the same pump & refill to exactly the same point as last time.

Then, divide the number of litres bought by 4.54 to get the figure in gallons. Then, divide the mileage reading on the trip by by the number of gallons used. Hey presto, an accurate fuel consumption reading.

I measure every tank of my 1.8T, careful driving (work driving) I get about 400 - 450 miles from a tank, weather dependant.

Driven hard I get about 265.

Kev.

well im not lucky enough to have dis, allthough i dont think i would look at it much. gotta keep eyes on the road and my boost gauge 15 psi> 14 psi >13 change gear. ha ha no wonder my mpg is so bad. =)

24 mpg?? ****** hell, you really should get a diesel, if i cruise along at 80 mine averages 52 mpg, it only goes down too 34 mpg if i cain it too.