Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

A4 2.5TDI QUATTRO 2000(W) AKN 150HP ENGINE BE CUSTOM TUNED

New to the forum, i have a audi a4 2.5tdi quattro 150hp akn engine code (w) 2000

Just wondering if this car can be custom tuned on a rolling road or does it need a chip soldering to the ecu?

Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    If it has a EDC15 then it's flashable trough the OBD port. Early b5 with the AFN engine needed chip removal as they were 1 time only ! If you take off your ECU look at the connectors: if 2 large ones then it's flashable trough obd if 3 smaller ones then it's not !
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add diffas on Facebook Visit diffas's Youtube Channel
    AFB/AKN have msa15 ecu instead edc15 and therefore soldering work needs to be done.
    Slow and smoking - A4 2.5TDi+ 220+kw

Reverse Gear

Status

Custom tune

Quote Originally Posted by diffas View Post
    AFB/AKN have msa15 ecu instead edc15 and therefore soldering work needs to be done.
    Does that mean it cannot be custom tuned! with only a standard chip? Only i have a 3.0tdi turbo on it and bigger nozzles going on reason for custom tune as a normal chip will not be correct as far as i`m aware. I don`t know if the ecu is interchangable on these as AKE off a 2001 tdi 180 can be custom tuned i think.

6th Gear

Status
    AKE does not work unless you replace the AKE pump and the dash + engine wiring loom. Few bits are different but they will swap over. Do you still want to sell the nozzles and the aditional bits ? Drop me a pm or give me a ring if you need to talk, interested in a few bits and bobs you have ! Regards,
    Chris- 07789912128.
    FOR SALE:
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

Reverse Gear

Status
    I was originally going to sell these parts as i blow the engine up due to oil feed burst and losing all oil, i am in process of getting another engine and starting again basically but don`t know about getting the custom tune side of things.

6th Gear

Status
    Ok then, if you stll thinking of selling the bits then let me know... Good luck finding someone good enough to map the car for the hardware changes, you will experience iddle shudder from the race 683 nozzles and smoke before the turbo spool ! I have a remap by Celtic Tuning but not too happy to be honest and the above issues are still present. AKN ecu is not obd flashable...
    FOR SALE:

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sedoxperformance, have heard some good things about these for custom tune!!

Reverse Gear

Status

Custom tune

Quote Originally Posted by adamss24 View Post
    Ok then, if you stll thinking of selling the bits then let me know... Good luck finding someone good enough to map the car for the hardware changes, you will experience iddle shudder from the race 683 nozzles and smoke before the turbo spool ! I have a remap by Celtic Tuning but not too happy to be honest and the above issues are still present. AKN ecu is not obd flashable...
    Just a thought....if i were to replace the ecu from a 2001/2002 audi a4 AKN 150hp model!! Would that work as far as custom tune is concerned for the car?

6th Gear

Status
    You will need the ECU, dash + wiring loom and injector pump. You also need the ECU wiring loom and some bits are different as well. The b6/c5 AKE had a mild revision so it won't work with the old pump EDC + later pumps had an extra immobiliser built in which needs codding to the ECU... Easier to have a custom map modded with an emulator and your ECU socketed, that way you would limit trial and error.
    FOR SALE:

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add diffas on Facebook Visit diffas's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by cready View Post
    Does that mean it cannot be custom tuned! with only a standard chip? Only i have a 3.0tdi turbo on it and bigger nozzles going on reason for custom tune as a normal chip will not be correct as far as i`m aware. I don`t know if the ecu is interchangable on these as AKE off a 2001 tdi 180 can be custom tuned i think.
    It's still full custom tunable. You just need to do some little soldering to add chip sockets to your ecu. Then it takes few minutes to change software.
    Slow and smoking - A4 2.5TDi+ 220+kw

Reverse Gear

Status

Custom tune

Quote Originally Posted by diffas View Post
    It's still full custom tunable. You just need to do some little soldering to add chip sockets to your ecu. Then it takes few minutes to change software.
    There is a company who can do a custom chip to the standard ecu with the turbo and nozzle upgrade but don`t know how good of a job it will be!!

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Who are they? Maybe someone can vouch for them

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan Pics View Post
    Who are they? Maybe someone can vouch for them
    Celtictuning

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by adamss24 View Post
    You will need the ECU, dash + wiring loom and injector pump. You also need the ECU wiring loom and some bits are different as well. The b6/c5 AKE had a mild revision so it won't work with the old pump EDC + later pumps had an extra immobiliser built in which needs codding to the ECU... Easier to have a custom map modded with an emulator and your ECU socketed, that way you would limit trial and error.
    I have a chance of an AFB engine from year 2000 to fit my car....but the engine from mine is AKN, not sure if these engines are interchangable!!! Heard somewhere they are but dont know how true that is.

Obviously both are 2.5tdi quattro`s but dont`t wont to swop it over and find it wont start