2.5 V6 TDi Cambelt?

Looney540

Reaction score
I'm just about to do the Cambelt on my A4, I'm also doing the injector belt, aux belt, water pump and rocket cover gasket and injector seals while I'm there. Anything else worth doing?

Does anyone know if the 2.5 V6 (150bhp version) is a interference engine or not?

Thaaaanks.

I'm just about to do the Cambelt on my A4, I'm also doing the injector belt, aux belt, water pump and rocket cover gasket and injector seals while I'm there. Anything else worth doing?

Thaaaanks.

Do the thermostat too! (and don't buy a cheap one)

Does anyone know if the 2.5 V6 (150bhp version) is a interference engine or not?

Thaaaanks.
Every diesel engine audi produces IS an interference engine and don't you even think of changing the belt without the proper locking tools and not taking the cam pulleys of their tappers as per the factory manual ! I do hope you have photographic memory or take loads of pictures so you know where every bolt goes back ! Also you will need a few special tools as well: fully registered VCDS, 17mm allen for the aux. belt tensioner, 2x 32mm open ended spanners for the viscous fan, a good quality cambelt locking kit and a good tool kit as well. Double check and triple check every bolt you taken off when refitting and make sure you fit quality belts (Contitech, Gates,etc.)- stay away from Dayco (!) and use a good quality water pump- i use KWP or genuine from dealer.

where are you based? im more than familiar with these and can bring my well used timing tool kit with me. do you make good coffee?

Every diesel engine audi produces IS an interference engine and don't you even think of changing the belt without the proper locking tools and not taking the cam pulleys of their tappers as per the factory manual ! I do hope you have photographic memory or take loads of pictures so you know where every bolt goes back ! Also you will need a few special tools as well: fully registered VCDS, 17mm allen for the aux. belt tensioner, 2x 32mm open ended spanners for the viscous fan, a good quality cambelt locking kit and a good tool kit as well. Double check and triple check every bolt you taken off when refitting and make sure you fit quality belts (Contitech, Gates,etc.)- stay away from Dayco (!) and use a good quality water pump- i use KWP or genuine from dealer.

Whats wrong with Dayco? I fitted a compleate Dayco kit with the pulleys and new tensioner piston at 148k and a year over due. The one I took off which was done at 80k was a dayco belt.

They had a "suture" joint kinda like dovetail joint which is known to break - had one break on my car ! I hope your's lasts, mine only lasted 3 months !