Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits
    Neutral

Status

2.5 V6 TDi Cambelt?

I'm just about to do the Cambelt on my A4, I'm also doing the injector belt, aux belt, water pump and rocket cover gasket and injector seals while I'm there. Anything else worth doing?

Does anyone know if the 2.5 V6 (150bhp version) is a interference engine or not?

Thaaaanks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Looney540 View Post
    I'm just about to do the Cambelt on my A4, I'm also doing the injector belt, aux belt, water pump and rocket cover gasket and injector seals while I'm there. Anything else worth doing?

Thaaaanks.

Do the thermostat too! (and don't buy a cheap one)
    1999 A4 B5 1.9 TDi FWD Saloon, Green SOLD
    2000 A4 B5 2.5 TDi Quattro Avant, Maroon, 'Panzer' Plated (currently sporting wrecked engine - and gearbox )
    2000 A4 B5 2.5 TDi Quattro Saloon, Blue, 'Panzer' Plated, Cruise Control retrofitted, OEM 6 Disc Changer retrofitted
    2006 A6 Allroad 3.0 TDi Blue, awaiting stuff to be done!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Looney540 View Post

Does anyone know if the 2.5 V6 (150bhp version) is a interference engine or not?

Thaaaanks.
    Every diesel engine audi produces IS an interference engine and don't you even think of changing the belt without the proper locking tools and not taking the cam pulleys of their tappers as per the factory manual ! I do hope you have photographic memory or take loads of pictures so you know where every bolt goes back ! Also you will need a few special tools as well: fully registered VCDS, 17mm allen for the aux. belt tensioner, 2x 32mm open ended spanners for the viscous fan, a good quality cambelt locking kit and a good tool kit as well. Double check and triple check every bolt you taken off when refitting and make sure you fit quality belts (Contitech, Gates,etc.)- stay away from Dayco (!) and use a good quality water pump- i use KWP or genuine from dealer.
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

6th Gear

Status
    where are you based? im more than familiar with these and can bring my well used timing tool kit with me. do you make good coffee?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by adamss24 View Post
    Every diesel engine audi produces IS an interference engine and don't you even think of changing the belt without the proper locking tools and not taking the cam pulleys of their tappers as per the factory manual ! I do hope you have photographic memory or take loads of pictures so you know where every bolt goes back ! Also you will need a few special tools as well: fully registered VCDS, 17mm allen for the aux. belt tensioner, 2x 32mm open ended spanners for the viscous fan, a good quality cambelt locking kit and a good tool kit as well. Double check and triple check every bolt you taken off when refitting and make sure you fit quality belts (Contitech, Gates,etc.)- stay away from Dayco (!) and use a good quality water pump- i use KWP or genuine from dealer.
    Whats wrong with Dayco? I fitted a compleate Dayco kit with the pulleys and new tensioner piston at 148k and a year over due. The one I took off which was done at 80k was a dayco belt.

6th Gear

Status
    They had a "suture" joint kinda like dovetail joint which is known to break - had one break on my car ! I hope your's lasts, mine only lasted 3 months !
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once