Difference in STD Stereo and BOSE stereo & Sat Nav

• Thread starter imported_ZeroK66
  • Start date
I

imported_ZeroK66

Hey guys...

As seen in other posts I may be buying a 1.8Tq - but this is fairly low spec compared to my A4 and so I was wondering what was the diff with the Bose system and the std system and would I want to change it over.

I also have the DIS Satnav installed in my 2.8 - how difficult is this to change over to the new car?

Thanks,
Leon

PS: Both cars are B5's the 1.8t a facelift one though - dont confuse with my B6 leather post.

Cheers,

In my opinion BOSE isn't that great. You're better off going for a good aftermarket setup, probably for less money too!

And the Sat Nav is a b*tch of a job to retro-fit. Not SO bad if the car already has a double-DIN centre console but still not cheap.

Do a search, it's been covered on here before actually.

Cheers

Tim

Its not the double-DIN type... its the older one that shows the info out on the DIS. So the unit is in the boot, there is a lil speaker in the drivers door and the controlls go between the drivers/passengers seat.

The facelifted model may only have a loom to support the double-DIN type though :/

I have the BOSE system effectively FREE in my current car, so its not like it is going to cost a lot. I am already considering a partial aftermarket setup anyway.

The Bose HU is identical to the standard one it has just been recoded via VAGCOM for the Bose EQ settings. The actual Bose components are the speakers (not the tweeters) and the Bose amp in the boot.
It would be a good days work to deinstall it (and another day retrofitting it) as you'll have to disentangle the wiring loom for the amp, all the way to the front and the loom from the HU all the way to the back. + removing the door cards & parcel shelf cover and replacing all the speakers
For a marginal improvement, as Tim says, you'd be much better off going aftermarket.

Sounds like the way forward - aftermarket it is then.

Thanks Andy.