Finally got myself an A4 :)

scr8pdo

Reaction score
Right I finally went out and bought myself an A4, its a 2000 on a X reg 115 BHP Avant model, it has done just over 200k and is a straight car in need of a good valet in silver, I left a deposit on it and iam going to collect next week when I get back from down south.

It was a funny situation, as soon as I got the funds I started looking about, but before this I had been browsing and had been eyeing up a few cars but they all seemed to be miles away, that morning my Mrs was on the way to school and said that there was a silver A4 Avant parked outside our house (not for sale) it was really coincidental as I flicked the laptop on and the very first A4 on the list on Ebay was the car I have bought, it was only a couple of miles away, so we shot over and had a good look over it, I was chuffed with it so I left the deposit :)

I will get some photos on as soon as i get it back and treat it to a service and a valet

looks a tidy car.

Nice
Will look tidy that fella once ya get ya hands on it, nice price too.

How big is ya list of mod's getting, lol

would not have choosen that particular engine, it's riddled with faults and 9 out of 10 WILL have head gasket troubles or cracked heads. Pay attention to the coolant levels in the next few days...if it drops = porous or cracked head...

would not have choosen that particular engine, it's riddled with faults and 9 out of 10 WILL have head gasket troubles or cracked heads. Pay attention to the coolant levels in the next few days...if it drops = porous or cracked head...
Well it was a ****** jinx that motor, I went and left a deposit on it and went back for it yesterday with the balance, when I first viewed it was indoors in a massive underground compound, it looked ok and it sounded ok apart from a slight misfire at idle which cleared after a bit, anyway, when we got it out in the light, you could see it had been repaired on the front end, not a bad repair and it still seemed cheap, just needed a ****** good valet, so I jump in and off I go, I noticed that the computer was displaying the oil pressure sensor warning although NOT the red pressure light, so wasnt too bothered and the car seemed to drive fine for about the first half a mile!

Then as I was slowing down for a junction, it cut out, I was still rolling so bumped it back up, but had to keep the revs high, I spun straight round and drove back to the place, when I reached the yard, the car seemed ok again on tickover, the battery was a bit low so I assumed that was it, I pulled round the corner to give it a charge, then it cut out again, and wouldnt start at all, that was it for me, I went and got a refund, I had a bad feeling about the car, plus it wasnt as nice as it looked in the pics, door strip hanging off, rotten inside.

Anyway, the good news is, I have been out today and got another one, its a bit older being a 1997, 110 BHP, but its gorgeous, its in lovely MIca blue, 19" RS4 alloys, cream leather, FULL AUDI SERVICE history, taxd moted and drives like a peach, has a set of coilovers on just last year, it puffed a bit of smoke on first start up which cleared and its mint inside, Iam really happy with this one and I collect at the weekend, from a main dealer, also it was one of the owners own cars of the dealership