t28 powered aeb

sam80quattro

Reaction score
just thought i'd let you chaps know what my 1.8t managed at the rolling road today.
some of you may remember my spec from a while ago but just to refresh.
aeb engine running golf agu ecu (standard but de-immo'd)
t28 off 200sx s14
ebay cast manifold
3.25" downpipe 3" after that
vr6 maf
c20let injectors
front mount intercooler
1 bar of boost

274.5bhp and 310ft/lb
:hubbahubba:

next step is to have it remapped for more power and to get fueling perfect as it does have a smell to it lol :D it does go slightly rich midrange but gets back on track further up.. and it makes power all the way to the rev limiter, so also going to have the rev limit raised when mapped.

What map are you running just now? Just a completely standard AGU ECU? Surprised your not getting fuel cut tbh?

Nice figures for 1bar :)

Whats the ignition pull like under full load?

yeah completley standard agu, or atleast thats what i bought the ecu from, standard agu.. anyway to check it? on vagcom it just came up as normal whereas a mates with a remap has the tuners name on it , i did check on vagcom how much ignition was getting pulled when i first did it but that was a loooong time ago now so i will need to check

Thing is even with the MAF swap, you should be pulling over 150g/sec with those power figures, whereas a 150hp motor would only be pulling about 120ish, and i'd have thaught the ECU would have cut the fuel off if you'd gone that far past the target MAF!

Did you get a printout of the dyno run with the fuelling etc on it?

2012-11-13124908.jpg

2012-11-13124846-1.jpg

2012-11-13124932.jpg

Last edited:
revs don't match as the clocks are out but according to vagcom the engine revs to 6800

Good work mate, fuelling isnt that bad at all.

Have you done any logs of the ignition timing?

I know when mark was running his hybrid like that on a stock ECU, he had very high timing pull showing on the logs...

Great figures! Well done. Would love to get mine to that level.

I am thinking of doing a similar turbo swap on my car. If you don't mind me asking, will any turbo off a 200sx s14 do or does it have to be a specific type?

Does it bolt straight onto the Audi ebay manifold or do you have to make other changes? Is the downpipe custom? Basically can you just buy a S14 turbo and slap it on or is there more to it?

Thanks

The s14 only has one trim of turbo as standard, Slightly annoyed now though as I sold my old standard T28 on for £50 a year or so ago when I upgraded it :(

Depends on the age of the s15. Not all are roller bearing unfortunately. My sx has a gt2871r fitted which I might be tempted to upgrade soon, think this would work pretty well on the 1.8t?

2871 is a fairly common upgrade for the 1.8t, good for somewhere between 350 and 400hp depending on what other mods you add to the mix.

Is the AGU ecu a straight plug in job, and could it be done on an AJL engine?

Ive been tempted but with the likes of r-tech and unicorn developments knowing there stuff with these ecu's ive thought whats the point just get it chipped if its straight plug and play i may be tempted but im sure theres something else involved when doing the swap ??

If all the wiring is the same then it should be plug and play, if the AGU ecu is deimmob. I thought it could be a way for easier mapping if using a different/bigger turbo.

Can you retain the DIS with an AGU ECU?

Quite interested in what I need to tweek as since abandoning the plan of an S4 for a while at least some more ponies without breaking the bank is quite appealing

Reactions: PaulJC84
Excellent figures considering it's on the standard map.

Looking promising for mine as it's almost the identical spec; I will be installing an AGU ECU and letting R-tech work their magic.

Lee can you advise on what advantages the AGU ECU has over the AJL please?
Also is it only the ECU that's required and with the immobiliser tweaked?

Specific AGU ECU's (not all of them) are flashable. Whereas the AJL unit requires the chip to be physically removed and rewritten externally.

This sounds really good as most tuners will find this a lot easier to work on.

Are people who are doing the pedal change etc just doing it so they have DBW and I assume did that before knowing about this ECU change.

One more question, is this ECU off A3's and Golfs?

Yeah, it's a straight swap with no additional hardware required and it allows the tuner to work on the ECU through the OBD2 socket. I have had bad experiences with tuners breaking ECUs due to swapping chips too many times, not to mention the hours of time wasted too!

I believe as long as the ECU is an ME3.8 from an AGU engine code with DBC then you'll be good to go.

The ME7 ECU Is much more tunable and clever tbh hence me changing from the AGU I had fitted a few years back now. As kev said there's a specific list of the "flashable" AGU ones on my thread. Another reason for my change was because it was supposed to be hard to do, so I had to try it didn't I ? lol

I am suprised by the output from the T28 despite it not being tuned correctly. The main reason is the fact the M383 ECU is easier to fool by mchanical means

Aslo as Lee said I have had the same issues of broken ECUs and problems with tuners, Even alleged well respected ones... GGGRRRRR
This sounds really good as most tuners will find this a lot easier to work on.

Are people who are doing the pedal change etc just doing it so they have DBW and I assume did that before knowing about this ECU change.

One more question, is this ECU off A3's and Golfs?

This is cool, can't believe I have only just found this out.
And I take it the clocks and immobiliser would just get recoded via vag.com

coded or defeated, whatever suits. The likes of Rtech can tune the the original ecu but need your car for at least a week for intensive road logging due to no 4wd RR.

The AGU one can be done by a few more and ME7 by anyone with a flashing cable,lol