glove box and air bag switch

205man

Reaction score
im going to take my glovebox today as im tryign to find the annoying rattle/vibration noise behind the dash. But my glovebox has an airbag switch in it can i safely remove the glovebox with the switch still connected or should i disconnect the battery then wait abit before starting the job?

Disconnecting the battery is always a good place to start but in reality not going to do harm if you don't - you will only throw a code if you disconnect the key switch with the battery still plugged in (may only be when ignition on in fact) so you would need the abiity to clear the airbag light. I would try to disconnect the switch to allow more room (its not difficult) or you can unscrew the switch and housing from the glove box if memory serves me correctly.

cheers guys all sorted think a combination of hard suspension and time had made few mounting bolts of various thins come loose.

lol i wasnt so much worried about it throwing up a code as i could sort that, it was more the case of pulling it apart whilst my head was near the air bag and it going off or something