ECU Chips on eBay

Nick101

Boost fiend
Reaction score
Anyone seen these available for the AEB/AJL engine?

I can't put a link up as I am on my phone. They are £60, sounds good but I am abit dubious about generic chips from an unknown source.

What are people's views on these?

Get to a proper tuner like r-tech or unicorn and have it mapped live then you can find any little problems that might cause big problems in the long run off it being mapped !!

That's what I was thinking to be honest. Was just intrigued to know if anyone had used these chips.

How much would I be looking for someone like R-Tech to map it?

Think my map was £280ish. Shame my ECU wont fit yours i dont think as i have the chip already fitted and mapped sitting on my desk at work. Person on Ebay hasnt paid me still after 2 weeks!

Just didnt think it`d be the right ECU for a newer model and being quattro?

Part number is 8D0907558E

Should work fine.

TQS is a 558DA, same family of ECU.

The only minor issue might be IMMO related as the ECU will be IMMO1 and the car will be IMMO 2 or 3, but worst case you can just kill the immo on the new ECU.

What car is your ECU off mate? Who mapped it and how much are you after?

Aragorn - would this cause problems if it was a slightly different ECU?

Aragorn - do you rekon Jason's ECU will work work with my car and not cause any problems/blow anything up?

yeh it'll work fine.

You might have to fight with the immo a bit, depending on the age of your car and the generation of immo in the ECU, but worst case you can just have it turned off.

My car is the pre facelift '99, analogue clock in dash etc, so sounds more compatible. How hard is it to change/turn off immo?

If its a pre-facelift it should just work, but there werent any pre-facelift TQS's....

If its an early facelift TQS with analog clock it has IMMO2, which i believe should be compatible with the ECU from a '98.

So the AEB ecu will have IMMO2 as well then? Tha is for the help, I'm a bit of a noob with ECUs!

IMMO1 probably. I believe going forwards is fine, but backwards doesnt work.

So an immo1 or 2 ECU should work in an IMMO3 car, but an IMMO 3 ECU wont work in an immo2/1 car

IMMO1 and 2 are fairly similar. I know Mark had trouble with a Golf ECU on his early facelift TQS, but i suspect the golf ECU was IMMO3 in that instance.