MAF question

audi-a6

Reaction score
as most of you know i have an a6 2.7t (similar to b5 s4) iv had an on going problem where my car takes longer to start first time of day and the revs are a bit jumpy, loss of power and boost cut.......... today i separated the pipe from the maf (MAF still plugged in to the loom) and the car cut out, so started it back up and it idled but problems still there, so i put it all back together but accidently left the pipe half way off, so it was sucking in air before and after the maf........ all problems gone...... very strange, so would you say the maf is faulty? getting no fault codes, apart from other boost related ones 17963 17965..... but hey that's another story.

Sounds simular to my maf problem.when the engine management light was on it ran lump but when I cleared the code,it kept stalling when I put my foot on the clutch.if you have VAG com,check the gs level of the maf reading.rev the engine and the numbers should shoot up.not sure if what the idle level will be like on your car but mind wouldn't go over 0.005 gs etc.give it a try mate