RTECH Round 2

Arrkon

Back in a "B"
Staff member
Regional Rep
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347267442227398

First trip was getting fueling and other bits running right, now for the fun stuff...

Starting with 160hp and approx 340nm torque (iirc). Let's see what happens with a live map...

Mods to date are:
FMIC
SS Exhaust and decat
N249 delete
Saab yellow injectors
Sport filter
SM flywheel
And of course the RTECH map.

Results of the day to follow

Not got the result graphs to hand as im at work, but IIRC the ouput was 196hp and 280nm torque. but runs a hell of a lot better, nice progressive throttle map, slightly lowered rev limiter with improved cutoff and some extra fuelling to get some pops and flame spit on overrun.

Seems the reduced diameter of my FMIC pipes, in comparison to the inlet/FMIC, is causing a pressure drop of around 2-4psi. Starving me of the top end boost.

Graphs will follow tonight.

Not too bad. Running 99ron fuel too im guessing? How come you`re running bigger injectors with only the basics done on the standard turbo?

My results were 199bhp 221ft-lbs with standard intercooler/injectors and then Jetex catback, decat, standard knackered downpipe, TIP, Jetex filter with heatshield, evap/breather pipes removed, forge 007p.

Not too bad. Running 99ron fuel too im guessing? How come you`re running bigger injectors with only the basics done on the standard turbo?

My results were 199bhp 221ft-lbs with standard intercooler/injectors and then Jetex catback, decat, standard knackered downpipe, TIP, Jetex filter with heatshield, evap/breather pipes removed, forge 007p.

Yep 99RON, the injectors were available so were bought and fitted in preparation to upgrade the turbo, but funds have not allowed this.

Need to remove the breathers and EVAP myself, and upgrade the diameter of the FMIC hardpipe too.