Sodding Water pump Now

NineNails

Proud sponsor of the snack food industry
Reaction score
Fitted new cam belt yesterday and all went well until I took the V belt off the water pump and felt the play in the pump shaft. Had no choice but to carry on with the rebuild. Stupidly I'd not thought to get a new pump thinking that because it's not driven from the belt, I wouldn't bother. Now with the new v belt on it's rattling like a good 'un
Someone please tell me I don't have to strip the front down again to change it. Can I not just remove pump and housing off the side of the block from underneath???...(crossing fingers)

Front off :(

I did mine a couple weeks ago as the impeller broke and half the ****** engine needs dismantled. Alternator, Viscous fan bearing, PAS pump and the big alloy mounting frame all need to come off, as well as the lower outer timing cover and crankshaft pulley.

Aww, your ****** kidding me. It really looked to me like I could just unbolt the side water housing and pull the whole thing off. Oh well, ok Kev thank a lot anyway mate. I should be able to get the front pulled out even quicker this time lol

The pump is sandwiched between the big alloy bracket that holds all the anciliaries and the block, hence all the anciliaries need to come out.

A wee tip though, dont disconnect the PAS, just remove it from the alloy thing and sit it at the side. Saves you losing all the fluid etc.