Boosting Help

AudiA4B596

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First thing I did was installed the boost gauge and fitted it in line between the manifold and the DV... (correct?)

Stock psi on the gauge was maxing about 6-7 psi.

Then I'm confused about this N75, I've bought a boost controller (bleed valve) separately, removed the existing connections on the turbo and waste-gate and fitted the new bleed valve from the turbo to the waste-gate, and blocked off the other lines that were there previously (I believe these go to the N75?)

..but is this wrong because at about 6-7 psi the car starts jumping/cutting out and it seems as if that's the maximum the car's ECU will allow although now its trying to boost more, just keeps jumping/cutting...

Could it be the plugs misfiring now? Do I have to have the new bleed valve and N75 both connected in-line? Is there an upgrade to the N75 you can buy? Could it be that my waste-gate has been set to a limit of 7 psi?

I'm a bit confused why this happening???

I was hoping to get between 15-20 psi at a safe level as I have heard others are doing and I have an upgraded DV, intercooler and air-filter as some supporting mods.

Could someone please help me out...

Many thanks

Last edited:
I'm no expert but I think with these cars the MAF/ecu controls everything. If the ecu hasn't been chipped/flashed/remapped you simply won't get more boost.

Hey guys,

First thing I did was installed the boost gauge and fitted it in line between the manifold and the DV... (correct?)
Move it to the link hose between the manifold and the fuel pressure regulator on the top towards back of the engine.

..but is this wrong because at about 6-7 psi the car starts jumping/cutting out and it seems as if that's the maximum the car's ECU will allow although now its trying to boost more, just keeps jumping/cutting...
Suspect the car's ECU is pulling a LOT of timing, as you will be running lean. (ie a lot of air trying to get in, and not the correct amount of fuel)

I was hoping to get between 15-20 psi at a safe level as I have heard others are doing and I have an upgraded DV, intercooler and air-filter as some supporting mods. I'm running PEAK 20psi, and the poor little turbo is working its nutsack off... 15 peak is a safer bet, though best achieveable with: A remap, Decat, FMIC to keep IAtemps down, and potentially a broader exhaust (2.75" ish)

Hope that helps....

You've probably plumbed it in wrong.

Forget messing around with bleed valves and have the car mapped properly. If the ECU sees the car overboost it will just cut off the fuel. You cant tune these engines with a bleed valve.

Thanks guys,

Im going to move the boost gauge pipe and put everything else back to normal, and consider getting in mapped, although it costs 7000kr (£700) in Norway... so will have to save up...