anyone change the tickover using vcds?

Tom_B

Reaction score
In the FAQ it says

01-Engine: -- KWP-1281
VCDS works well with all engines available in the U.S. and most engines that users have tested in overseas markets.
Idle Speed Adaptation:

With engine warmed up, at idle:
[Select]
[01 engine]
[Adaptation - 10]

Enter channel 01
Enter an adaptation value between 124 and 132
[Save]

(May require a Login of 01283 or 11463, depending on year or model)

VCDS - didnt want to go with channel 01 and when I changed it to channel 02 it seemed to be the tickover setting. First off VCDS didnt want to accept the request but then asked if I was really sure so I cancelled out of it all and scampered to ASN to see what other folks have done.

Any experiences?

This is one of the setting in Lemmiwinks that Revo released years ago. You might still find a copy hanging around on the web.

Lemm1fk

i have seen it on my vcds ,have a customer who wants to change his idle as his van keeps stalling, never tried it yet myself.

Old vag com could do it, i see no reason VDCS won't.

I used the exact proceedure on my previous car no problem

What car are you trying to do it on?

The 2.5TDi login is different - 26242 is for the AFB engine

It's the 1.9 tdi I just got a cable and downloaded vcds lite. It seems to get into the system fine but doesn't see channel one only channel 2. I'll try and do some screen shots to show what I am trying to describe. I want to slow the idle because it's an auto and what feels like a fast idle causes the clutch to drag more than I like and certainly feels more than the v6.

You need to log in using the 1.9 codes from the Ross-Tech site, then go into Basic Settings, after logging in.

However.....
I don't think you can do it with VCDS lite - although I'm sure somebody will be along to point that out soon enough :keule:

Just to add,

With most of the Basic Settings groups if you put in a stupidly high value, the system will only set the Max - and vice versa for the lower end of the scale. Handy if you don't know what to start with.