Dual pcd hubs

dubster67

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

just wondered if any of you had ever got the hubs on your car redrilled to take a different bolt pattern.

I've got a 1.8t TQS and have a set of 18" OZ Superleggeras lying in my garage that are off my Mk4 Golf.

The wheels are 8x18 with a 35mm offset, so perfect for the A4, but obviously they are 5x100 bolt pattern.

So I thought about getting all the hubs redrilled to take the 5x100.

The new holes could be drilled inbetween the existing ones to create a dual bolt pattern hub.

Any thoughts?

It would be a lot of work to remove them, the bearings might be destroyed in the process
Can you not get the wheels drilled instead?

Yeah it would mean some work, but it would be cheaper than a new set of wheels.

Personally, I think pulling the hubs and putting in new bearings is an easy job.

But to make it easier/faster I thought about getting a spare set of hub flanges and getting them redrilled before I started to pull the car apart. So it would be a quick swap really.

Anyway I don't think I could get the wheels redrilled due to the design of the hub part.

might wanna look at the hub up close, but i beleive there are strengthening webs lined up with each existing hole. As such the new holes would be weaker as there wouldnt be the strengthening web where the hole is drilled.

The hub flanges are like the first picture, so as you say it would work.

The only thing I'm thinking about is if it will weaken the hub flange. Shouldn't think so though since the flange is pretty thick, and there would still be plenty of metal around each bolt hole.

The only other problem is finding a set of hub flanges to get redrilled first. Quattro fronts are easy, rears are the problem.

I have a spare pair of rear uprights you could borrow if you want?

You could remove the hubs redrill and have new bearings fitted (and a new lower bush while your there) then you just need to pull the old ones off the car and slot the new ones on? Send me back the ones you take off, job done.

Just dont be sending me back two bent uprights :p

Thanks for the offer aragorn, I'll keep it in mind, just waiting on some breakers yards to get back to me. If no luck, or stupid prices then I'll be in contact.