Door question...

Looney540

Reaction score
Okay, I've not had my Audi long and I've pranged it!!

Fuming as I've never hit or even crashed any of my cars in all my years of driving, but anyway...

I need to replace the front passenger (NS) door. My car is a prefacelift saloon - My question is, what door will fit?

Will an avant door fit? Will a facelift door fit if I swap the handle?

Also, if anyone knows of someone breaking a Kingfisher/Pelican blue (LY5T) A4 being broken, please let me know!

Thank you and good night. Much love.

the front doors are the same on both saloons and avants.

It will need to be a PFL door though, as the handle is different and isnt interchangable.

Thank you very much mate. Gutting as I've found a avant in Kingfisher but it's a facelift :-(

Another question while you're here - are all the headlights the same? Will FL lights off an avant fit my saloon as I want to upgrade the lights :)

they'll fit, but you need to take an angle grinder to the wings to trim off the edge. If you can take them off the facelift yourself then take a photo of the wing and it'll be really obvious when compared with yours. You'll also need the wiring plugs.

Depending on the price/convenience etc, you could always buy all four facelift doors, and change them all? :)

Thanks for answering the question about the lights dude! :)

Good idea! Would my door cards fit? Surely the rear doors would be different on the avant?

rear doors are the same,its just the window frames that are different between saloons and avants.And yes,your door cards etc will fit.

tony

yep,once the door card is off,there's 4 bolts holding the frame to the door,remove these,once any wiring etc is removed,then the whole frame with window and motor,can be removed.

tony