URGENT: boost leak test resulted in smoke pouring out exhaust PLEASE HELP

boost-addict

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Reaction score
Website
t.me
omg i shate my self, i found out the breather system was leaking, so after putting every thing back together i started the car and tons of smoke was pouring out the exhaust, i thought it was my turbo seal but i think ive done it wrong by connecting the boost pressure tester to were the maf goes. was this wrong, should it have been to the pipe coming out the turbo?

the smoke cleared and a little puddle on the floor, i drove up the road and smoke poured out but cleared after half a mile,

the seal round the manifold to turbo had wetness of oil. there a little oil sitting on the eninge mount heat shield
but i still got a little oil dripping, im hopping that's what stuck and dripping and not actually leaking, boost pressure remains the same so turbo is rune, no knocks like before.

have i done any lasting damage, my opinion is ive pushed oil up the breather system to the engine some how.

oh i cant not have a working car and i hop i haven't broken any thing, how will the cat respond to being covered in oil?

i forget to check my oil pressure gauge and now im glad i fitted it! so going to have to check in a moment

:sign_omg:
...no

lol oh well you live and learn lol. found out my diverter valve is leaking,

so were would that oil have gone, leaked out from and do you think its damaged any seals?

I think if you dont blank the pancake pipe off from the tip it somehow pushes oil up into the breather system/inlet manifold, giving you the resulting smoke screen.

yer, well ill know for next time! so thought id poped the oil seal in the turbo, only use 30psi,

so while on the subect of the pcv, can you vent that metal pipe to a catch can? or am i best having it hooked up that way

30psi? christ thats a bit extreme too! 15psi is the most i've ever tested too, and i got scared at that point because the TIP had expanded like a baloon!

You need to take the oil cap off aswell so you dont build any crankcase pressure you may have just built up some pressure and pushed oil past the valve stem seals when ive boost leak tested it no oil came out the pancake valve pipe not even a drop. I did mine to 15 psi and it tickled over to at least 20psi then my adaptor poped of the MAF lol

lol, that was ment to say 20. stupid phone.

yer i didnt think about it, mistake made and will certainly be avoided next time.

Not sure if it's the same, but when pressure testing the 2.7T you need to take the oil filler cap off to prevent pressure from building up in the crankcase. That could cause oil getting into places you don't want it!

You hear oil guggling as it passes the piston rings thats normal with even the pancake valve blanked and the oil cap off.

No as the pressure cant build up in the crankcase enough to push the oil past the stem seals its vented off out off the oil cap, search on youtube theres a decent vid off a 1.8T boost leak test.

i feel like a big idiot really, considering the level of knowlage i have on cars, but i wernt to know, and now i know its not broke i thinking its funny, shall consult youtube from now on lol

Its like everything i guess you gotta teach yourself then when it goes wrong you ask about it, still pretty much learning my audi now and ive had it 2 years LOL next thing im planning on doing is donor engine and having a crack at my first rebuild ready to give it 300+ horses but car is a daily and the misses isnt to keen on me throwing all my money on the B5 rather than on her but she puts up with it just get an ear full now and again lol

Does anyone know of any places in Birmingham that can carry out a smoke test? Thanks