End of the road for the A4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason.s

Reaction score
Basically the A4 is getting stripped of all parts i know i can sell fairly easily but not excessively and then it`ll be scrapped. Its beyond the point of returning to standard. Its too tatty to really sell in its curent state. If i did manage to sell it it`d probably only go for about £900 and i know i can get more than that in parts and scrap. Its all due to wanting a nicer newer car. Apart from the rattling from being stripped which drives me crazy i still have fun driving it but at the end of the day even if i eventually sorted the rattle i`d only be happy with it if it was resprayed which is going to be over the value of the car again. If i could afford a daily and the A4 to purely use as a track car i would but thats out of the question so one car is the only option.

Now i know some people will maybe have something to say against it but its the best option.

Im not going crazy and stripping every single thing on the car. Just the mods and anything of value really and hopefully it`ll be done within a week and got rid off my drive.

Im not putting up a for sale list but these are the bits im likely to be selling once removed:

B7 A4 17" wheels 7.5x17 et45
Weitec GTN coilovers
RS4 front lower subrame brace for fwd cars that dont have one
Neuspeed 28mm rear Antiroll bar fwd
Shortshift with fairly new linkage rod(reduces a fair bit of slop)
Silicone TIP
Forge 007p
Jetex 2.5" catback exhaust and downpipe fwd
THS 3" Decat SOLD
312mm Front caliper carriers
RS4 Engine Mounts
OMP grip bucket seat with OMP steal mounts and Sparco 4 point harness SOLD
AEB large port head with rocker cover and less than a year/4k old coils and plugs (genuine)
N75 valve thats only been on about 2 months. Latest version.
MAF thats been on less than 3k
Black leather red stitched gear gaitor
Yellowstuff pads front and rear (wear sensors cut off)
Front upper FK tuning
pipercross panel filter

Dont know if i could sell the ECU with Rtech map on? 8DW100001 onwards. ECU part number 8D0907558E

About all i can think of currently but if theres anything else i could add to the list.

Last edited:
Dibs on some bits please:

RS4 Mounts
N75
Gear Gaitor
maybe decat and downpipe

If stripped out rattly cars drive you mad, why did you strip it out lol! :p

What you thinking of replacing it with?

Because every other car i`ve stripped has never rattled lol. My Civic had nothing in the back and didnt make a peep! Its the boot thats rattling, i`ve tried to cushion all the lock mechs but still does it so i give up lol.

The downpipe is pretty pikey tbh, made with crush bends as it was a cheap custom job when my old flexi went t*ts up but its a ever so slightly larger bore than standard and its going to be in a better condition than anything standard and original on this age of car i guess.

When i ad my old EK4 VTI i always slated EP3 Type R`s for being common and not as raw as previous Type R`s but given the price they go for these days, age and the mileage they have theres nothing better for the money i have. All VAG`s have big mileage, apart from Leon Cupra R`s and i dont really want one of those. I want a nicer and newer car instead of buying older sheds that always have tatty bodywork. Would prefer an EK9 or DC2 but that goes against the age and condition of car i want.

Providing the weather holds up when i get back from Reading festival on sunday morning i`ll have most of it off by bank holiday monday.

Check my build thread. Havent got any recent decent clean pictures.

Well my flexi is away, been contempating a proper downpipe, just depends how "pikey" yours is :p

Get some pics once its off and i'll decide. Dibs for now anyway.

well the cats in the same place as is the gearbox mount brackety thing, so presumably they must be the same to that point?

I think the FWD DP is longer, but that can be easily fixed with a saw :p

As i say, once i see pics i can compare and see if it'll work or just be a hassle, and make a decision from there!

Just uploading pics now from underneath lol. Not the greatest from crawling under with a scissor jack.

Forgot to add. Also has EBC yellowstuff pads front and rear. Only been fitted about 2 months with less than 1500miles. Would need to be fitted to a car without wear sensors as i cut them off to fit to my car.

35BC6EBD-009C-4A14-9438-19283376CD8E-22450-00002BD4172EE7DC.jpg

2CA5FF33-87C5-4685-8FC1-8F439C30110B-22450-00002BD41FB4C872.jpg

D58D48DF-C0D8-45AF-A596-2409BA125460-22450-00002BD429AE8E52.jpg

Also 2 quick random photos of the car to tide anyone over for the time being.

777D9352-96FD-4809-9CD5-802CB2146AEE-22450-00002BD3D14A3B5B.jpg

845FAC7D-04A4-4912-86BC-CEED82A192CC-22450-00002BD40DEF7627.jpg

yeh, the quattro DP ends JUST after the stock flexi, whereas yours looks like it has about 2 feet of extra pipe. Again though, thats not insurmountable!

Forge 007P and the Silicone TIP. If you could PM me a price on the caliper carriers too.... I take it this is an AEB? If it is then I may be interested in the ECU.

Thanks in advance!

What are the alloys like too. Are there any curbing marks on them. May be interested in them too.

important question.
What are you going to replace it with?

Kind of said in post 5. But it`ll be a CTR. Nothing else out there that performs on par with my A4 that i want and that fits in my price range, age i want and mileage i`d prefer

Tip is pretty much gone and the Decat/downpipe is probably gone depending on what Kev comes back with but i can sort something for the brace, 007p (Which is an Awesome branded black one) and the exhaust (comes with res and non res section) PM if you wanted those 3 bits still.

Just take the leather off and attach it to whatever your standard gaitor is attached to. Thats all i did to fit that one and thats all i was going to send out.

Well waiting on a few pm`s but currently everything until i start getting some 100% comformations or cash lol.

Prices and compatability for Quattro please;

Coilovers? Its FWD thou? If so, im out!
Rear Neuspeed bar, will that fit Quattro?
Shortshift, inc everything, how to fit etc?
RS4 Engine mounts?

Coilovers and rear arb are fwd yeah. Won't fit Quattro. Basically if you look at the kits on eBay, all you need is the blue bit and the actual gear lever with a circlip. All the other springs and clips aren't needed. I never used them anyway. The linkage should fit yours too but I can check at work in the morning.

Coilovers and rear arb are fwd yeah. Won't fit Quattro. Basically if you look at the kits on eBay, all you need is the blue bit and the actual gear lever with a circlip. All the other springs and clips aren't needed. I never used them anyway. The linkage should fit yours too but I can check at work in the morning.

Hmm, ok, trust what your saying, whats the price then for it? And does the stick have a kink in it or is it straight???

And the RS4 mounts?

Was just about to come back about the mounts as I forgot to mention them lol. I'll pm you in a sec.

Just out of curiosity what would you take for the engine without turbo and ancillaries (but with inlet manifold etc) ???

Hhm not sure. They only seem to go for like 300 on eBay, some With less miles(I'm on nearly 119k) I don't have a crane or anything at home to take it out easily. Was just going to whip the head off and leave the block in there. God knows how much delivery would be to Manchester either lol.

Well today is the last day i`ll be driving the car as MOT runs out so parts will start to be removed tonight and then majority on sunday ready to be bought and posted.

Oh and regards to the shifter linkage. It fits FWD/quattro A4/A6 95-01.

Status
Not open for further replies.