AFN engine flywheel

shaz8389

Reaction score
Pretty quick question,

Dual or single mass flywheel?

Dual

there has not been a 1.9tdi with a single in an a4, only single i know of was the audi 80 tdi 1Z

Crap.

Car judders a wee bit if rolling forward on the bite but is fine the rest of the time. Think I may be on borrowed time!

Can I convert it to single mass or is it an expensive and time consuming headache?

think the 1Z flywheel will fit, and you can use the 1Z clutch, IIRC its bolt for bolt.

As in the Golf/Passat engine?

If that's the case then can you do the Golf thing and do G60 flywheel/VR6 clutch combo that upgrades Golfs? Looked at conversion kits and it's north of 300 quid just for the flywheel, car only cost me 500 quid!

Early passat/audi a4 with the AHU 90 Bhp engine had single mass flywheel up to 1997, then DMF onwards...

As in the Golf/Passat engine?

If that's the case then can you do the Golf thing and do G60 flywheel/VR6 clutch combo that upgrades Golfs? Looked at conversion kits and it's north of 300 quid just for the flywheel, car only cost me 500 quid!
You cannot use golf clutch and flywheel as they are different designs. As pointed 1Z solid flywheel and s2 clutch bolts on and let's you use a 240mm clutch- all bolt on. Alternately you can get SM kits from Valeo but they are not renowned for reliability + don't take power upgrades too well. If you get on Darkside Developments website then you could check their new Southbend Silent clutches and single mass flywheel kits, worth every penny !