New to Audi and Turbos

Frazer McChlery

Reaction score
Hi everyone sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place. I have an Audi A4 1.8t 1998. I have been reading up on the BOV/DV and was recently given a forge BOV/Recirc valve that is advertised for this car. I went to try and fit it and got myself all confused. Can someone please tell me how to fit this. It is a forge valve with an intake port and an output port (im guessing) with a nipple for a vacuum hose on the top. on the top there is also a dial that turns to open up 4 small holes. When I took the original valve off I couldnt see a vacuum hose that would connect to the top of the Forge. Can someone advise me of where I am going wrong or how to fit it. I have checked the rest of the forum and couldnt see any part that covers my problem. (or maybe I am just a bit of an idiot lol). Thanks in advance:salute:

Hey Frazer, The vac line is fed from a valve on the underside of the inlet manifold, it runs across the front of the engine in the same clips that the coolant hose sits in... (Red arrow in pic) Failing that, just run a piece of vac line from the nipple on the manifold (green arrow) to the top of the DV.

Engine

Where was the valve you removed?
I've heard of people removing the pancake oil separator thinking its the dv

Look on inlet manifold find the vac line near front and follow it across cam belt cover then down towards boost hose, where it ends you will find dv

Easiest to fit and see it from underneath engine bay

Basically they are mounted to the turbo outlet hose under the o/s/f chassis leg, you need to remove the old one and relocate the new one to the turbo intake pipe some are mounted this way (earlier 1.8t's) gives a more audible sound when mounted this way.

You can just see in this picture where abouts its mounted when its at the intake pipe.
359e5e7b.jpg