Anybody on stage 2 Revo?

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
Found their list on the website and they do list a stage 2 upgrade for the B5 150bhp 1.8T? Looks like I just need to source some 225 injectors and then get my local Revo agent to do their thing.

I'm not expecting miracles but a little more shove would be nice. if I can tipple over the 200bhp mark it would be happy, although I know chasing bhp isn't the bee all and end all.

Would love to hear from anybody who's done it as to how good it is??

Aint gonna happen on our ECU's, and definately not if your on an old 557 ECU.

They'll only cover the newer APU engines with ME7.1.

If you want a tune, speak to niki at RTech, but i suspect you'll need to change to the later style M3.8 ECU at the very least.

facelift FWD's have APU's and a few other engine codes that are on ME7.1 and ME7.5, and thus flashable easily.

Not looked into converting, but i know the early cars use inverse logic for the DIS, which might cause issues. Im sure it would be possible, but you'd need a head for wiring.

Hi There;

do you know what the part number is on your ECU? (can check by either physically looking or with vag com). is your vehicle drive by wire?

if so I will happily check if the ECU is flashable or not and if there is a STG2 available for your vehicle :)

Best regards
Carl

Reactions: Oranoco
I believe its an OLD cable throttle ECU, its certainly not drive-by-wire, and isnt flashable. Probably an 8D0997557.

It requires the chip to be changed, and afaik the chips on these really old ECU's are either no longer available, or very difficult to get hold of.

As aragorn has said it's a very late '96 model A4 with the AEB engine code and throttle cable as opposed to fly by wire. The vehicle is currently operating a Superchip which required the ECU to be cracked open. I am certain that it can't be flashed and will need any program uploading to a chip and then that be installed to the ECU. Will have to double check number but I would say aragorn is likely to be correct with his suggestion.

If you are able to help extract a bit more grunt from my tank it would be brilliant as the superchip seems very conservative and only raises boost to 12psi (stock TQS levels).

Just go to Rtech tbh. When it comes to the actual chipping and mapping theres not really anyone else i`d consider going to. Mine did 199bhp at 14psi. Only way safely im going to get anymore would be a brand new turbo and binning off the standard sidemount intercooler.

I see they're in Hinkley so not too bad as I've done Coventry a few times.

Just dropped them a mail with current spec and will wait to see if they can offer anything

Last edited: