Big cracked windscreen.

Reaction score
Hey all was on my way back from a car show just outside Edinburgh yesterday afternoon and was in a queue of busy traffic on the bypass.

I noticed a Pulsar GTI-R along side me and he blasted up the inside and pulled into my braking space. I did not bother trying to close the gap to not let him in as those things I thought were rapid. And I have always love those cars.

Anyway the traffic cleared and he started facing away so I thought I would see if I could keep up. There was a good 10 cars in between us and I gradually started closing in especially 120mph+.

My mate and I were so shocked.

I then noticed traffic getting busy up ahead so slowed down and he didn’t just zoomed up behind the other cars.

Anyway with a massive gap between the cars I heard this massive crack. My mate ducked it was so loud and the windscreen had a pretty hefty chip in it. Then it started growing! It is creeping along but have been told its still ok to drive.

So it was in some ways my own fault for having a little race. But these things happen.

Really good feelings and pretty bad ones at the same time.

I have booked my car in for a new window this Friday. It will be £50 through my insurance. So not too bad.

However i am so chuffed that I kept up with a Pulsar and even started gaining on it!!

I will post a pic of the crack later,
Cheers,
Paul.

If the Pulsar was standard then its speed limiter would have kicked in preventing him from pulling away this goes for all Jap imports that run on standard chip.

Never gone that fast in mine, before the GT28RS I didn't bother, now I am too concerned about the internals trying to get back to nature by embedding themselves in the tarmac /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

£50 for a new windscreen is great, recently had once replaced on my wife's car (again £50 through the insurance), the guy at Autowindscreens told me the list price of the screen was getting on for a grand!!

Greg

wow!!! just as well i have my insurance renewal through already!!! So they can not bump it up through spite!!

Its all fixed and was amazing having such a clean screen, until a fly hit it.

Just ONE fly!??? Oh my! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

You're so lucky!!!

I feel kinda guilty now... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'm certain that Fly Folklore will be telling for years to come of how the 'X' family was wiped out by the fastest-moving, big silver 'Anti-Fly' that Insect-dom has ever seen!

I bow my head in shame /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif

It seems that I am a double-devious, too-fast-car-tootin', many-eye having, long-leg wielding, too-heavy footin', multiple-eye lookin', muthafuckin' murderer!!!!!!!!!!

Ooops!

SORRY INSECT WORLD!!!!!!... Food chain an' all!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif T