Airbag Sensors

AudiA4B596

Reaction score
Does anyone know where the air-bag sensors are located on the Audi A4 B5 1996 Avant?

I believe this is a front sensor which I'm most interested in locating as the previously owner removed the metal bumper from the front of the car and other stupid things (It wouldn't surprise me if he removed air-bag sensors)........

Front Airbag Air Bag Crash Impact Sensor 96-99 Audi A4 B5 - 8D0 959 643 A - OE | eBay

And it looks as if this one is a side impact...so presuming this is in the side pillar between the doors?

AUDI S4 A4 B5 SIDE AIRBAG CRASH SENSOR OEM 2001 | eBay

And what is one of these and where are these located...??

Audi A4 B5 Airbag Sensor | eBay

Many thanks

The rectangular black things are under the front seats beneath the carpets.

The silver box is the airbag ECU, which is located under the centre console.

What exactly are you trying to do? I very much doubt anyones touched any of those components.

Ok thanks, I'm mainly just checking that nothing has been removed, my father seemed to think there should be sensors near the front bumper in case you have a head on collision... but are you saying that there isnt?

no theres no sensors near the front bumper. tbh why would there be? as a passenger you dont sit on the front bumper?

a sensor to trigger a protection device for a passenger thats based on decelaration rates of the vehicle. the sensor logically speaking would need to be bolted to the chassis bang under their seats..... which they are.

Do you see them from inside or underneath the car, if you was to change one for example or in my case prove a point with a picture?