which avant to buy

skinz

Reaction score
i have an a4 1.8t saloon but want 2 get the estate, i know the tqs would be the best to buy but there a bit out my price range for a low-ish malliage, so looks like i'll have to go for the 1.8t, the car i have at the min has been chipped and i did want to put a bigger turbo on it but was told i cant on my engine(AEB) or get it tuned so just wanted to know which yr/engine code would be best to look for, cheers for any help

I have 2.0t avant i am thinking of selling with a few well chosen mods whats your budget ?

2012-03-23165005.jpg

i aint got the money to buy that bud, my budget will only stetch to a b5 standard then slowly mod it up, that is a very nice ride though wish i had the doe 4 it, what was you at looking at for it

i was looking at the s3 or a seat leon but not sure if there gonna be a bit small for me as i like my tunes an have a 15" sub in my boot, thisvis why i want to change my car cause my sub is drowning in the boot so ether want a hatchback or estate and also like having a turbo

skinz:1642829 said:
i aint got the money to buy that bud, my budget will only stetch to a b5 standard then slowly mod it up, that is a very nice ride though wish i had the doe 4 it, what was you at looking at for it

Looking for 8.5-9 k i love the car its got crimson s4 nappa leather h&r suspension approx 260ish bhp as well as loads of other improvements and nothing wrong with it just fancy a b8 or S3 not sure ! Will prob just keepping it unless i can get what i want for it or shift it on to some one who will.appreciate it

are the engines on the tqs b5's all the same, im more intreasted in the b5 cause they have more power as standard than the b6, what tuning can i do to tqs, can i put a bigger turbo on without having it tuned

the turbo on the TQS is exactly the same as the turbo on the 150hp versions, its just "remapped" from the factory.

You could fit a larger turbo, but you wouldnt get anymore power unless you had the car tuned to suit the new larger turbo. The ECU needs to be programmed to match what the engine/turbo is doing, or you'll blow it up.

thats what i wanted to do to the car i have now but was told i cant do it on the AEB engine, do i have to look out for this on some of the TQS, i know some of the older ecu's cant be tuned

some1 called adamss24 sent me a message but ur messages are full so i cant reply 2 you bud

seen that 1, rang the bloke an its got something like 170,000 miles on it

adamss24 has sent me a message saying he has 2 for sale but i cant message him bk cause his messages are full

Personally i would hold out for a TQS, i did and when i got it i had the biggest grin ever on my face ! Lol

Going from a 97' 1.8 B5 to the TQS was just a whole new driving experience only being young and my third car id owned the quattro just painted a whole new picture on driving itself !!

TQS ECU's are a later type which are easier to tune. You'll still need to find someone with the right know how to tune it though.

R-Tech in Hinkley are probably pretty close to you and know what they're doing.

is there any other way of get hold of some1 on here if there message box is full

is there any other way of get hold of some1 on here if there message box is full

Nope. pretty much what you've done is all you can do.
I think they are sent a email informing them their box is full and people are trying to PM them.

I'd go for a TDI.
MPH is so 00s, its all about MPGs now. :ninja:

Scott it is all about mpg in this day and age but who cares when your in a turbocharged petrol engine on some nice twisty country roads giving it some welly rather than driving slow and constantly checking your DIS out, no offence i just hate diesels more than marmite and would never own one in my life even if it was given to me you just cant beat a petrol.

im there with u on that 1 bradderz, my m8 has got a TDI an stands there like yea u cant beat the tdi's then i take him out in mine and then it all changes, he has a big chessy grin an says i want 1, i seem to go through it every w'end he comes over

Yes but when it comes to doing turbo's on a S4 it puts a very frustrating face on the person replacing them lol and you could easily get a 1.8T to give you the same smile a S4 would give you with a few mods and nice GT28 blower :p

thats what i was thinking and the insurance is a bit easier on the pocket