rs4 front brakes

s3sam

Reaction score
hi guys, fairly new to the s4 scene as i have uped from an s3. i have a 1999 s4 with a few light mods (miltek exhaust, stage 1 chip). the only thing that lets the car down are the brakes. it is fitted with lucas twin pots on the front and was wondering if the ate twin pots off a rs4 will fit and also will they improve the brakes. would love to put some 4 pots on but am struggling to find any at a decent price and also what others will fit. i have seen some ate twin pots and 360mm discs for ok money so was just wondering if they are any better. cheers

Avoid using the b5 rs4 front brakes, they are poor and very expensive when it comes to replacing discs.

Either go for some 6 pot porsche calipers with amg ml55 discs (need slight modification but nothing major) or b7 rs4 front brakes, but again this is more expensive than the porsche option, and i am not a fan of the b7 setup (i use it on my b5 rs4 and think for what it is and the expense there are much better options) porsche setup being one of them.

i am running the Porsche 993 GT2 set up with modified bells, i was going to ditch them in favor of RS6 but i have changed the pads to Yellow Stuff and the brakes have been transformed

you can pick up 8pots and discs for well under a grand now.

I have them on my B5 cost me about £900 all in (inc custom pipes)

the bolt on part is the headache remover! modifying bells, adaptors etc is a pain

I'll be going for K sports when the time comes :thumb:

Have you tried rebuilding the twin pot lucas? I just did this on mine and its like night and day, £29.50 for the bits form Big Red. Mine had obvious signs of being rebuilt before also so it must be very common, I dont know any other car I have owned that would be on its second brake calliper rebuild at 12 years old.