What have you done today?

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
Its a bit quiet in this section.
I assume that's a good thing, our cars are being reliable and as such we don't need to post threads for help on repairs.
On the down side of a quiet section if gives me and others nothing interesting to read, I know there are other sections but they are not B5s. :)

Thought I'd start a simple little thread for people to post up the little bits they have done to their cars, the little bits that's to small to warrant a full thread.

What have you done recently, does not have to be today and could be any thing B5 related.

Apart from picking mine up from the garage I've done nothing.
But I do plan on rewiring my coolant level sensor, fitting a new speaker, rebuilding my rear blind, cleaning the car, dropping off some LCR brakes to get painted and get some custom brackets made up for my custom awning.

Bought new rs4 style grill, audi rings for grill, front & rear s4 badges, to freshen it up a bit. Should be here today.

Trying to decide whether to get a stage 1 map or an exhaust next?? Think a map as I'm craving more power after the s14a

Ditto, cant be ***** with it, bored of it, dont want to spend anymore on it, fed up with it.

How come?
What happened?

Bought new rs4 style grill, audi rings for grill, front & rear s4 badges, to freshen it up a bit. Should be here today.

Trying to decide whether to get a stage 1 map or an exhaust next?? Think a map as I'm craving more power after the s14a

Both. :ninja:

Time for a SS. :thumbsup:

Will have to be as the oem one is shockingly expensive :(

Were you on sxoc? Good choice in cars btw :D

How come?
What happened?

Nothing happened just cba with it anymore. Bored of it, not interested in spending money on it anymore. Dunno what to do, Cant afford to buy anything else even if i sell this car which i`d get ****** all for.

Nothing happened just cba with it anymore. Bored of it, not interested in spending money on it anymore. Dunno what to do, Cant afford to buy anything else even if i sell this car which i`d get ****** all for.

Track day it?
Currently abandoned!!!!!!:wacko:

What?

I havent touched it in months, or seen it..........but thats due to me currently working in Afghanistan! lol.

Its sitting the same way with the front bumper damaged etc, just didnt have time to organise anything before i left. The good thing is im earning good cash again, so when i do return, i will be completing it with SC etc....unless i lose interest!

I havent touched it in months, or seen it..........but thats due to me currently working in Afghanistan! lol.

Its sitting the same way with the front bumper damaged etc, just didnt have time to organise anything before i left. The good thing is im earning good cash again, so when i do return, i will be completing it with SC etc....unless i lose interest!

Nice one mate.

I'll wait for your return and an update.

Her Avant is down the local garage getting yet another wheel bearing done!
I've just got the drivers side mirror for it too- hoping it's the correct one this time.
Still need to look at her concert radio, and change the antenna amp.
Going great with the higher springs and bilstein B6s, still must fit new rear ARB bushes
Still trying to sort out the lack of low-down torque - see my thread on the diesel section

My saloon is going great guns with the H&S ARBs, suspect shocks and springs for me next!
Panzer plate is all fitted and protecting
The remote thermostat fix is fantastic - MPGs are about the same as before - and I'm driving it a lot harder now
May look at autodim mirror - if I can be *****
Need to get a set of 15" winter tyres for the winter alloys - may just get the Dunlops like her
Lower inboard wishbone bushes still to do

Must post a few more pics on my suspension thread

Nice one mate.

I'll wait for your return and an update.

Im back in Sept, but only get 21 days from leave to return, so not a lot of time inbetween family stuff etc, update will be a while away i think.......

Good news is it will have the new Recaros fitted, RS4 bumper sorted, new wheels fitted and supercharger with map completed when i do fit it in, just have to be patient! lol

Were you on sxoc? Good choice in cars btw :D
Yeah, still am very very rarely, Todds14a. Don't really post anymore, just like to check up on couple of projects, like the 1000bhp per tonne :D
I broke the 14a about year and half ago to contribute towards the wedding fund, but now it's paid for thought would buy something a bit more civilised, you'll know what I mean lol, hence buying the S4.

Map it is then, is the standard clutch man enough for stage1 torque?

Last edited:
I'm just in the process of vinyl wrapping the horrid chrome interior door pulls with satin black and doing the belt-line trim with the 3M carbon wrap. Also while the door pulls are off they are getting led illuminated on the fronts

I'm just in the process of vinyl wrapping the horrid chrome interior door pulls with satin black and doing the belt-line trim with the 3M carbon wrap. Also while the door pulls are off they are getting led illuminated on the fronts

Be nice to see what you do with the illumination and the wrap.
Get some pics and let us know.
I used Touareg units but they just arnt bright enough.
I need to take another look at them.

Just sitting in my S4 making car noises. Not really but I have been looking longingly under the bonnet. The car is off the road as its nearly 12 months over due its cam belt and has started making some whining noises. Got all the bits just waiting for a couple of days with no rain forcast!

Looking forward to driving it again.

Put some 20mm spacers on each rear wheel, kinda think I should have gone for 12 or 15, aww well, S4 looks more planted now. Can always shave em' down.

Ok Scott will do. Just done rear cards tonight, look good. Where did you take the illumination power from? I was planning on using 12v from the window switch illumination but this will mean they are on all the time so I'm not sure I want that. I'd not realised anyone else had done it. Did you make a thread on it at all mate?

replaced both knackard upper arms on our lasses 1.6 b5.
also touched up the ugly scratch on the n/s/f bumper/wing. looks much better from 6ft away!

not a b5, but the 18yo in me has bought a stainless scooby style noisy back box for my 100 2.8q!! just need to get the grinder and welder out for some fun!

I haven't posted on this forum in a while but I still kept my b5. I'm expecting a delivery of my standard factory rear bumper to arrive to replace the aftermarket one that keeps falling off.

On the A4 - replaced the front pads (Bosch) as I had an annoying 'clunk' when reversing and braking. Also have an issue with brake-pad sensor, however I have sourced a replacement connector. Will change it after my holidays along with a flexible brake pipe. Also managed 565 miles from a full tank today.
:yahoo:

On the A2 front - replaced both rear spring rubber seat bases which disintegrated on removal. 107k and running as sweet as a nut.

Ok Scott will do. Just done rear cards tonight, look good. Where did you take the illumination power from? I was planning on using 12v from the window switch illumination but this will mean they are on all the time so I'm not sure I want that. I'd not realised anyone else had done it. Did you make a thread on it at all mate?

I used the normal illumination feed from the drivers/passenger foot well.
Only trouble is they are so dim you can't see them, even at night with all lights off, in a dark tunnel under a really thick sheet.
The LEDs are at the *** end of a clear plastic thingy (I can't think of the name).
So its either bend if to much, the LED has fallen out or there is not enough Vs going to the LED.
I'm stripping that door panel down this weekend to adjust the door/window frame and fit a new speaker, so I'll take another look.

There is/was a thread around. I'll try and dig it out for you.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-s4-forum-b5-chassis/155082-illuminating-door-handles.html

I haven't posted on this forum in a while but I still kept my b5. I'm expecting a delivery of my standard factory rear bumper to arrive to replace the aftermarket one that keeps falling off.
WOW, 2003. Been here longer than JoJo.
Welcome back. :)

My CV clunk is back, at least I think its a CV clunk. Right turn and its making a grinding clunking noise. Need to arrange a dry weekend with father and get the CV's changed I think.

Last edited:
After the first warm day I have decided to invest in getting the aircon re-gassed. Also plan to flush and replace the coolant this weekend as its a bit nasty looking. I got fed up of the slight and irritating oil leak so I made a new undertray and got some oil absorbing material and fitted the whole lot under the sump. Still awaiting a couple of clear days to cable up the sub in the boot. Everyday I get the best drive in the world in my V6 Tdi Q and today was totally awsome with dry roads and perfect conditions - I have decided to get the timing belts done and invest in the car. In the future a really good set of tyres, and a set of control arms in 2013.

sanding,sanding and more sanding,Vin finally gets a respray in 2 weekks time,have borrowed a unit off my father in law and took a week off work to do it.Will be a full dorrs,bonnet,boot etc off job.Hope it stays dry so I can ge the prep work done!
tony

Sat in the car playing with VCDS Lite as the ebay dongle turned up today. Very good bit of kit. Turned the air bag light off (caused by moving the driver seat and the connection comng loose) and also found that one of my Xenon sensors is bust so will have to investigate that. Will the faulty Xenon range system fail an MoT? There are no warning lights on just a code in the fault code list.

Sat in the car playing with VCDS Lite as the ebay dongle turned up today. Very good bit of kit. Turned the air bag light off (caused by moving the driver seat and the connection comng loose) and also found that one of my Xenon sensors is bust so will have to investigate that. Will the faulty Xenon range system fail an MoT? There are no warning lights on just a code in the fault code list.

what one did you buy from ebay bud? As i need to clear my airbag light for the same reason lol

Just swapped the OEM bonnet grill for the honneycombe one that i bought from ebay, am not sure if I like it or not, think it looks strange as the bumper obviously has slats like the oem grill. Ive still gotta put the new S4 badge on but what you guys think?

Last edited:
what one did you buy from ebay bud? As i need to clear my airbag light for the same reason lol

Just swapped the OEM bonnet grill for the honneycombe one that i bought from ebay, am not sure if I like it or not, think it looks strange as the bumper obviously has slats like the oem grill. Ive still gotta put the new S4 badge on but what you guys think?

Can you buy some honneycombe and convert the lower grills?

That's a good idea, I think I can get the rs4 style side grills. Will then just need to convert centre part of the bumper.

That's a good idea, I think I can get the rs4 style side grills. Will then just need to convert centre part of the bumper.

Cheapest one on there, very suprised it worked. I am going to buy the full version one day so didnt want to spend a lot on a stop gap. VAG GROUP USB OBD2 II KKL ECU DIAGNOSTIC CABLE LEAD Compatible VCDS-LITE or 409 | eBay

Started fitting my porsche cayenne turbo calipers and found the link pipe threads to be stripped :( Will fit the rs4 rears tomorrow and the front side i can do. Removed the brushed ally wing mirrors and roof rails and gloss blacked my matt roofrails and plastic mirror housings
IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

Started fitting my porsche cayenne turbo calipers and found the link pipe threads to be stripped :( Will fit the rs4 rears tomorrow and the front side i can do. Removed the brushed ally wing mirrors and roof rails and gloss blacked my matt roofrails and plastic mirror housings
IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

Looking very smart :)

I've been thinking of gloss blacking the rails, B/C pillar covers and door corner trims, and mirrors on the Avant.

I have a set of mirrors in ebony black already, cant decide if i want to use those and do the other stuff the same metallic black color, or if i should have the lot done in actual gloss black?

Thoughts?