What have you done today?

Finally sorted the rear brakes on the avant. They were COMPLETELY ****ed. Didnt quite realise how bad until i had them off. Huge chunks seemed to have come off the surface of the disks, really odd!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnynqiwnr4myd2r/2014-04-05 18.09.36.jpg

One caliper was half siezed, needed a hammer to move the handbrake arm, other seemed ok but the pads were almost worn away. VERY much overdue, clearly been putting it off for far too long!

Looking much better now:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t6y9sz7dlvxl9x0/2014-04-05 18.17.59.jpg

Bled them up and had a drive, they feel a little spongey so i think i need to bleed them some more (no surprise there!)

Also had a drive over to glasgow this morning as the missus decided to treat herself to these:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1jrjjtk7er42u2/2014-04-05 11.52.13.jpg

Reactions: mojocvh and slepy
Was not exactly today it was Friday, rushing to get to work and pulled into my local Shell garage that was mega busy finally saw a pump become available so shot over the forecourt to it. Looked at the v power diesel nozzle and thought no not this week I will do it next fill up . Grabbed the other knozzle filled up with 59 litres put it back to the pump and my heart stopped I had filled up with unleaded in my 2.0 tdi 😥😥😨😨 . Called the AA. They said sorry don't cover this miss fuelling we will transfer you to our provider well the long and short is that day it cost me £410 in total as the cost to get it pumped out was £250 plus then all the fuel , also a list shift from work 😡😡
me expensive mistake but could have been worse I suppose ,

si

now I can use my drive... I got the quattro up the drive and gave her fresh oil, oil filter and fuel filter.. she sounds better..
now im just off out to hover her out and I might even get chance to give her a wash :kissmyrings:

Reactions: Broken Byzan
Started the rebuild of A4 after this dam seal failed, there was a hell of water in the drivers side of the car that went all the way to the passenger foot well.

WP_20140330_001_zps907a5d25.jpg

Car been like this most of the week, as the hole car just felt damp.
WP_20140331_001_zpsbcd5f35b.jpg

Started the rebuild today, and should finish tomorrow, just need to find a couple of trim panels for a FL car in slate gray, as Audi have made a lot of my trip panels obsolete.

started to clean her up...
13601596894_4510ac30d4.jpg

13601600834_fd99721125.jpg

13601238875_7523187e55.jpg

13601268303_5bf00451c4.jpg

13601271703_cc1db56658.jpg

13601613624_8c2b8dbccc.jpg

13601618404_5ffef004db.jpg

13601260675_568b15b87d.jpg

13601633404_b46617a74b.jpg

13601301573_d8db415df1.jpg

13601646964_e6cc208493.jpg

13601650914_0b56de5413.jpg

happy with the results so far just a little more to get done then start changing the bolts and screws for stainless ones..

Washed my baby.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 141
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 157
Decided since it was a nice day to wash and wax the old girl

I think she came up a treat

Reactions: jbh
Saw the tank fitted to a car that was getting broken and couldn't believe the difference it made. Glad I've swapped it that's for sure.

I noticed I've lost one of the pastic screws which hold the engine plastic cover on, anyone know where I can get one or what they're called?

Mine had sensors fitted as an option, Davy. I'm on the look out for replacements, easy enough to pop out the old ones tho.
Mine have been playing up since before I got my towbar fitted, so no idea as to whether it will affect the sensors when the hook is on.

i think its the towbar that is affecting mine

Sometimes getting false readings

Washed twice, polish tomorrow.

Went to garden center to get topsoil/growbags for spuds [it's a mixture the spuds grow in old tyres] noticed just how much better she was breaking with that load in the boot, probably just my imagination mind, but seriously thinking of having some more weight in there semi-permanently ....

Not strictly today but over the long bank holiday weekend i have driven the S4 all around the Highlands of Scotland and around Skye with the mr2 owners club ( i have had a few mr2s before and still like to see the guys n girls on the club ) . Have to say im very impressed with the Audi, both in terms of its reliability and how well it was able to live with the much more agile mr2s through the twisties, was a complete pleasure to do the run in the S4 and the car has been adopted as the official mr2oc support vehicle for future Highland drives. Here are a few pics from the event.Uploadfromtaptalk1398202022480Uploadfromtaptalk1398202087214Uploadfromtaptalk1398202155368Uploadfromtaptalk1398202192277Uploadfromtaptalk1398202271301Uploadfromtaptalk1398202329729

Well today i swapped out the o/s/f cv joint and replaced the cv boot for a genuine one i happened to stumble across on ebay for £28 delivered with hub bolt as the febi boot popped off again and joint was clicking on full lock (had one from JCB's S4 uprights i bought) so i cleaned it out in a tub of diesel regreased and reassembled.

Then i gave the front disc's a skim has had a little bit of brake judder.

Before

Setup all ready to skim

Skimming

The finished product :)

Next is rear refresh kit, F21 turbo swap, rear diff seal and g/box and diff oil change and oil and filter change.

Fitted my blue weave carbon today, middle clip was a pain so just forced it off and binned the Ali trim!

Will fit my heated recaros next week, should have done it before winter rather than waiting til summer haha

Need to give it a full service also, then I will need to drop the spare block off at my machine shop along with my track cars block for some work to take the big turbo upgrade

Fitted newer style black coolant cap to match the newer oil and BF caps :)

Need to find black screenwash bottle and power steering caps now !!

Many of the car manufacturers use the black ones and most are generally of the same size/thread. I will look to see if i have one tomorrow i can post !!

Link for AKS ??

Well it seems this is the black power steering one from an R8 PART NO 400 955 277 but its seems it only fits the smaller style ones like the TT's and what not from what scottB5(D3) posted awhile ago. Anyone running one thats got a part number on it ??

Also looking at some B7's they had all black bottles with black caps that look some what identical to the A4 ones might try the ginue pig approach and test fit one :)

http://media.europaparts.com/catalo...ca2ccd08373d4b6de971808fb4/8/e/8e0422371b.jpg

Well yesterday my clocks hit this !! Anything to watch out for around this milage, shockers and springs are probably a bit tired now well one spring is as thats snapped lol

And my refresh kit has finally arrived :)

Looks like i might be busy this weekend lol has snyone filled the voids with tiger seal or is it not necessary or is it worth it to prolong the bush life ??

Well yesterday my clocks hit this !! Anything to watch out for around this milage, shockers and springs are probably a bit tired now well one spring is as thats snapped lol

And my refresh kit has finally arrived :)

Looks like i might be busy this weekend lol has snyone filled the voids with tiger seal or is it not necessary or is it worth it to prolong the bush life ??
Can I come watch? Haha! I need to do a front end refresh on my b6 soon, and although the b5 is different it'd be a good lesson :moa:

Mine needs a service, it's about 6k miles now since the last one and I don't trust these engines. :) also have an abs error so probably need a new module :(

Did some work on the b5 yesterday as it failed its mot. It needed a new near side track rod end, near side driveshaft gaitor (although it needs a new driveshaft really :( ) and new pagid disks and pads all around.

The breaks already seem far better, the only issues were the abs sensor came loose and was triggering the abs all the time but this was a simple fix and the wires to the front pad wear sensors had gone brittle and ended up having to bridge them to clear the pad warning light.

Seems like we're all doing brakes, all replaced on mine too, that and the Meyle HD front arm kit, it's like new.
As of about 2 hours ago the rear bumper skirt was great, then my wife took it along a breeze block!
No paint damage, but I would like to replace the skirt, it has reversing sensors in it. Know of any lying about? Will saloon fit Avant?

Gave the avant a wash, and took some photos of it with its new wheels:

2014-06-26+18_41_59.jpg

2014-06-26+18_42_07.jpg

2014-06-26+18_41_46.jpg

Reactions: Chriscooke, crazy88, jbh and 3 others
Yeh!

I peeled the sill trims off the track car earlier in the week, the ones inside the door shuts.

I need to remove the little metal L brackets from under the Sills then i think we're good to go.

Sorta scared to start drilling into the car though!

Also a couple of the door strips need repainted as the guys cocked them up.