Status
    I picked up new wheels.. a set of 5 7.5j 17"

1997 A4 Avant 110 TDi quattro
    1996 A4 Avant 110 TDi breaking

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Yesterday I installed my new garden feature piece....

It's not as noticeable when you look at from the back door...

I will be breaking this over the summer eventually, give me a shout if you are interested in any bits but aren't in a hurry....

Neutral

Status
    Continued the ball aching job of changing the heater matrix!

In fact, I have never been so happy to see a leaking heater matrix as I was today; at least I had found root of the misty windows mystery!

Hopefully back together tomorrow!

Neutral

Status
    Scott, I know where there are some slate grey interior parts...

Pm me and I will give you the chaps number if you still need some bits.

jbh
    TDi lover

Status
    ive spent today on top of my garage roof attaching galvanized box profile..

please note the plastic corrugated stuff from wikes hasn't even lasted 8 month..
    the first bit of hot weather and it all warped then leaked like hell

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    Yesterday I updated the firmware on my RNS-d and fitted a standard GPS aerial.

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

3rd Gear

Status
    I had the Avant in for its test last week, failed on one upper arm balljoint and advisories on an exhaust bracket and heat shield.

Pleased about the arms - I did the lowers last year with Meyle arms, the uppers were part of a £150 kit I bought about three years/50,000 miles ago. Not bad really!
    I bought all four uppers from All German Parts, and got the Meyle HD ones, so thats both cars with front and rear fully done with good parts now - until my road destroys them.

Bad news is I put my back out the end of last week at work, so was a bit worried about getting it done this weekend for the retest Monday.

However, Mrs PaulF has now been inducted into the upper arm removal club. I gave her a bit of direction, and sat outside with her while she changed the bad side herself!

I'll do the other side once I can stand upright again!
    1999 A4 B5 1.9 TDi FWD Saloon, Green SOLD
    2000 A4 B5 2.5 TDi Quattro Avant, Maroon, 'Panzer' Plated (currently sporting wrecked engine - and gearbox )
    2000 A4 B5 2.5 TDi Quattro Saloon, Blue, 'Panzer' Plated, Cruise Control retrofitted, OEM 6 Disc Changer retrofitted
    2006 A6 Allroad 3.0 TDi Blue, awaiting stuff to be done!

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PAULF View Post
    I had the Avant in for its test last week, failed on one upper arm balljoint and advisories on an exhaust bracket and heat shield.

Pleased about the arms - I did the lowers last year with Meyle arms, the uppers were part of a £150 kit I bought about three years/50,000 miles ago. Not bad really!
    I bought all four uppers from All German Parts, and got the Meyle HD ones, so thats both cars with front and rear fully done with good parts now - until my road destroys them.

Bad news is I put my back out the end of last week at work, so was a bit worried about getting it done this weekend for the retest Monday.

However, Mrs PaulF has now been inducted into the upper arm removal club. I gave her a bit of direction, and sat outside with her while she changed the bad side herself!

I'll do the other side once I can stand upright again!
    Nice to see your misses giving some input and getting involved, the only thing my misses would do is take to it with a sledge hammer when she finally has enough of me blowing all my money on the car !!!
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

Status
    As for me i just cleaned the car as it came in to contact with an aerial bomber this morning on the way to work, was on the M61 when i happened to see what looked to be a brown wobbly tennis ball flying towards my car, all of a sudden it sounded as if i took the wing mirror off with a lamp post.

have a look for yourself .......

HOLY BIRD CRAP

and just a random front end shot of the front (and yes scott im affraid i lost liking of the red grill surround it was a tad too bright for my liking wish id of just gone black now or bought some dark red plasti dip oh well we learn from our mistakes )

Picture quality and drop back is ****e also needs a polish tomorrow (weather dependable) so may get some better shots tomorrow !!

oh and gave the tailpipes a thorough clean with acid and a scotch pad !!

Last edited by Bradderz_1988; 22nd June 2013 at 20:46.

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Add Dimokslis on Facebook Add Dimokslis on Google+
    1.8 TQS engine bay.jpg
    Engine bay cleaned after changing abs module, not to perfect, but still good looking.

Neutral

Status
    Put smoked lamin-x tint film on my front fogs and side indicators, looks loads better and very subtle.

Picks to follow.

Status
    Bradders, I'm shocked it lasted this long mate. lol

Today I spend 4 hours cleaning and polishing Audrey, fitted a new Gala cable from the clocks to RNS-d, wired in the standard OEM roof based aerial.

2nd Gear

Status
    Removed this

Off with the Old...

[/quote]

Replaced with this for some testing -

Loosely fitted with metal ARB links -

[/quote]

2nd Gear

Status
    Decided to keep my Sportec mono 10's, so after a refurbishment i thought it would be rude not to refit them. Doing the ARB change over was the ideal time to get the Sportec's on...

What do you think?

6th Gear

Status
    Today im recovering after the hectic day i had replacing NethanB's cluster to get him back on the road! I did a lot of running around for him to get parts, as i remember how hard it was to do this when your off the road!
    Im about to advertise my laptop and tablet, i fancy a convertable levano :D 17inch viao isnt ideal for diagnostic work, and the windows 8 tablet struggles to run eeprom reading software with its small screen!
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HEKTOR View Post
    Decided to keep my Sportec mono 10's, so after a refurbishment i thought it would be rude not to refit them. Doing the ARB change over was the ideal time to get the Sportec's on...

What do you think?
    They look really good on the RS, is the 034 ARB a complete kit, or do the brackets come separately?
    1999 1.8TQS Saloon in Black/Dirt
    1999 1.8TQS Saloon in Silver Breaking

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks!

I can supply the 034 ARB & brackets as a kit or either of them separatley.

Status
    Took delivery of my S4/RS4 Xenon headlights unfortunately the mounting tabs on one of the headlights was damaged during transit, going to phone cover insurance see what i they can do as im not paying £25 out my own pocket to buy the tabs off ebay, or if anyone has a set for the N/S they will send us for postage costs ill send you monies to your bank account (paypal) lol !!

picture and there in mint condition aswell got them for a bargain, so my old ones will be up for sale as soon as these get some sidelight bulbs and repair tabs !!!

what bulbs are the sides in these as there not the 501 T10 capless ones in normal ones !! Whats the correct watt for these ??

6th Gear

Status
    Today i snapped my cambelt... doh!
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

jbh
    TDi lover

Status
    today I changed the front struts and hub carriers on the wifes sharan..

jbh
    TDi lover

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by @udi A3 View Post
    not good mate

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jbh View Post
    not good mate
    thats why my moto when i buy a car or anyone i no buys a car i tell them

if no history of it being done means to get it done for piece of mind regardless unless the writing is very clear to the point it looks brand new then id leave it unless the tensioner/rollers havent been done !!

jbh
    TDi lover

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradderz_1988 View Post

if no history of it being done means to get it done for piece of mind regardless unless the writing is very clear to the point it looks brand new then id leave it unless the tensioner/rollers havent been done !!
    sadly in this case I think this is throwing salt in his wounds but yes I do agree with you 110% I always check the timing belts on any car I buy and If it doesnt look fresh it gets changed.

Status
    sadly in this case I think this is throwing salt in his wounds but yes I do agree with you 110% I always check the timing belts on any car I buy and If it doesnt look fresh it gets changed.
    I can only imagine how devastated one is, worst thing that could happen before a write off/burnt out

6th Gear

Status

Whats worse, and ill confirm over next few days, I paid for a new belt and kit Inc pump when the garage sold me the car as there was no history of it. Also paid for a service. They assured me everything was done, im confident the belts old, but I dont know how ill prove it after 30k miles and 14 months.

jbh
    TDi lover

Status
    Whats worse, and ill confirm over next few days, I paid for a new belt and kit Inc pump when the garage sold me the car as there was no history of it. Also paid for a service. They assured me everything was done, im confident the belts old, but I dont know how ill prove it after 30k miles and 14 months.
    s**t mate I feel for you.. I wouldnt be happy was it a main garage or a back street place?

Status
    After that sort of milage id expect there to be stamping left on the belt ?? If you twist the belt and the teeth lift off then its probably never been done id argue with them anyway as a belt shouldnt just go like that, it will go to either incorrect fitment of parts (threaded bolts etc) or incorrect tension applied to the belt causing snagging if to loose or stretching if too tight !!

either way id expect them to be covering it, if you have paid for a kit then check everything for any date stamps etc also see what brand kit they fitted and check the brand stamped on the parts on your engine, you will soon find out they have probably not done it to make a quick couple of £££'s

6th Gear

Status
    It was a second hand garage not a main dealer. Looks like the tensioner is sitting at a weird angle, possibly bolt snapped or bearing failed. I bet they would argue the smf caused it to vibrate loose or something daft, I think tensioner failure is a known issue but over 1 year old I doubt id be able to claim warranty. Probly gotta take this one on the chin!

Well its a new day now, ive completed candycrush lvl 113 today lol

Neutral

Status
    Sorry to hear this, something that nobody needs happen to their car. Any chance it was genuine parts the garage used when they did the belt since IIRC that they are guaranteed for 2 years.

Clueless!

Status
    Blown a cv joint on the front driveshaft which resulted in having to push the car in to a tesco express car park on my own while others stood their and watched.....
    Last edited by Chriscooke; 3rd July 2013 at 08:25.

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    Nothing worse. I once saw a guy trying to push a Honda S2000 round a roundabout about 100m from a petrol station, i jumped out (wife was driving) and went over and he'd run out of fuel! I started pushing, and some other bloke passing by came over as well and we pushed it onto the garage forecourt. Bloke was grateful, theres no way he'd have got it there himself, as its up a slight incline.
    PAULF and Chriscooke like this.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Blown a cv joint on the front driveshaft which resulted in having to push the car in to a track express car park on my own while others stood their and watched.....
    aye im suprised you even got it moving as these are heavy buggers me and in2deep had to push mine literally about 200 yards if that and i was fooked by the time we got it round the corner to his house !!!
    Last edited by Bradderz_1988; 2nd July 2013 at 18:31.

Status
    Took delivery of my S4/RS4 Xenon headlights unfortunately the mounting tabs on one of the headlights was damaged during transit, going to phone cover insurance see what i they can do as im not paying £25 out my own pocket to buy the tabs off ebay, or if anyone has a set for the N/S they will send us for postage costs ill send you monies to your bank account (paypal) lol !!

picture and there in mint condition aswell got them for a bargain, so my old ones will be up for sale as soon as these get some sidelight bulbs and repair tabs !!!

what bulbs are the sides in these as there not the 501 T10 capless ones in normal ones !! Whats the correct watt for these ??

well fitted them today as i couldnt wait to fit them mounting tabs are some what bodged till i get my repair kit from TPS tomorrow fitted proper sidelight bulbs as some div fitted ba15's with inline pins eventually got them out without breaking the holder as they seem to become brittle over time by the looks of it, so fitted some halogen h6W bulbs may get some LED ones but dont no which are best to go for as the ones ive had in the past either blow or start to flicker !!

anyone recommend any ??

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dubster67 View Post
    Sorry to hear this, something that nobody needs happen to their car. Any chance it was genuine parts the garage used when they did the belt since IIRC that they are guaranteed for 2 years.
    It was contitech, and as the tensioner bolt snapped no warranty.

Today i bought an engine off another ASN member :D
    Today one of you lucky buggers will maybe buy my ASZ derv injectors

Status
    It was contitech, and as the tensioner bolt snapped no warranty.

Today i bought an engine off another ASN member :D
    Today one of you lucky buggers will maybe buy my ASZ derv injectors
    if the tensioner bolt has snapped its been over tightened or cross threaded !! Id still be going to the garage and agueing the toss with them !! Its gone for a reason not due to parts its due to incorrect fitment mate !!!

6th Gear

Status
    if the tensioner bolt has snapped its been over tightened or cross threaded !! Id still be going to the garage and agueing the toss with them !! Its gone for a reason not due to parts its due to incorrect fitment mate !!!
    its just a question of me proving it, and i dont have the time or money to wait on or pay for engineering reports.

Status
    Today, well yesterday I fitted new lower door mouldings.

Before

During

After

I also loaded the roof box for inters.

Its a bit more full up now cause I forgot to pack my clothes last night.

jbh
    TDi lover

Status
    makes a nice difference Scott

I don't know what it is but I love the color of you're car.

makes a difference from the more common silver.... like mine...

Status
    makes a nice difference Scott

I don't know what it is but I love the color of you're car.

makes a difference from the more common silver.... like mine...
    Hibiscus Red Pearl.
    Not seen many of them around.
    The same car as mine passed me on the motorway last summer, we look at each other, smiled, thumbs up and off he went. lol
    I think he was as shocked/happy as I was to see another one the same. lol

I like silver but it just annoys me that they always look the same, clean or dirty.

jbh
    TDi lover

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB5 View Post
    I like silver but it just annoys me that they always look the same, clean or dirty.
    I generally like silver cars the only thing that gets me is every B5 A4 Avant I see local to me is silver...
    I did go to see a dark blue one on gumtree but it was a wreck