It scared the sh*t out of me...!

MattS5

Reaction score
There I was, driving along when 'Bong!' an animated thingy like a fountain appeared on the DIS. Coolant? Power steering fluid? Brake fluid? No... it was the sodding screen washer bottle that needed filling... come on Audi - give us a break, it was almost brown trouser time!

you could use that to your advantage next time you buy an audi! prime the washer jets for a good few minutes and then explain that you will have to knock money off the car due to the warning light!!!

The first time I ever heard that bong/beep was the day after I got my A3 when I discovered that the previous owner had set the speed limit warning function.
Scared the crap out of me when I hit 90 and the alarm went off along with the warning on the DIS - thought the engine was about to go bang!

No, you can set it to any speed you like... I think mine too was on when I got the car. All I remember is all these lights and bings and bongs going off at various points during the drive home. Thought I'd bought a lemon!!

Got there in the end though, I'm not as dumb as I look /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I suppose all these warning beeps, bongs and arning lights are for the American market where they'd probably sue the manufacturer if they ran out of fuel without being warned at least three times the tank was getting low.....

mines started beepin and flowing on the readout. checked all fluids and all fine.
must b a sensor somewhere

[ QUOTE ]
mines started beepin and flowing on the readout. checked all fluids and all fine.
must b a sensor somewhere

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's the screen washer fluid warning it signifies 'low' not 'empty'.