Dashboard battery indicator cable?

AudiA4B596

Reaction score
Does anyone know what colour the Dashboard battery indicator cable is?

I need to wire it to my RCL module for remote start....
Ive hooked up the rest of the cables and the remote start works but continues to try to start the engine even though it has already started, i believe this wire needs to be connected to tell the module the car has started now and there is a note on the wiring diagram that says this wire is very important and MUST be connected to the battery indicator lamp(cable) on the dashboard. The module attempts to start the car five times (I can hear the starter motor each time), and even though already started when it gets to the end of the fifth try the car dies (alarm has also gone off a couple of times) ... :S

If anyone knows please could you tell me, many thanks

Last edited:
Thanks for that, thinking maybe its pin 14 on the blue plug, does that make sense?

Think I'm going to take the instrument cluster completly to bits after work today and try to trace it for sure, but im not sure if thats possible..???

I think I need an expert?

Thanks Aragorn, once again, you are my man, shall try that now and let you know how i get on......

The oil switch is a switch to ground, whereas the battery warning light provides a 12v feed with the alternator producing output.

The oil switch also wont always latch on at idle with a hot engine. It switches at 1.5bar or so on turbo models, but you'll often see 1bar or less at idle on a hot engine.

Aragorn, you was right again, it was the last wire i needed to connect to get my remote start, and now i have it working really well, thanks Aragorn, you are the expert!!!