AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    2nd Gear

Status

Secondary Air System Fault

i've had my car in the stealers for almost 2 weeks as the engine light was on all the time.
    The vagcom came back with fault on secondary air system system (don't know the code) - the stealers replaced the combi valve and the hose leading into it (they said it was split), having driven it home it seems to have no power as though the turbo isn't working (it is as i can hear it) - any ideas?

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status

Re: Secondary Air System Fault

I dont think that would have anything to do with the SAS pump, as i had that disconnected, for a couple of weeks and i had no problems with it.
    Best take that back in to the dealers right away and see what they have fcked up. Sounds like they may have nocked somthing, the SAS pump is right under the intake hoses and by the turbo.

2nd Gear

Status

hmm changed the d/v to the 710N this morning hoping this could be the problem but it wasn't - still no turbo power
    what are the symptoms of a blown turbo? (cars a 2000my with 59k) - wouldn't there be a lot of smoke if it was knacked?
    I checked all the hoses and couldn't see any splits

1st Gear

Status

I doubt just a faulty DV would cause an extreme lack of power. Have you checked out the MAF with Vag Com ?, you need to do a rolling measuring block test as a faulty one will not always show up a fault code. I have heard\read other stories where people have thought their turbo was gone and it turned out to be the MAF. I would agree with you that a turbo fialure would be more obvious, i.e smoke and mechanical noises !