a4 1998 1.8 t sport remapping

stuartk

Reaction score
hi im a newby looking forward to some expert conversation iv recently bought an a4 1.8t sport which is in great condition for a 14 y old car,im looking to get some more grunt out of her i understand these have to be chipped via the ecu, has anyone had this done, any advice on which chip would be best or recommend some body and what is the difference like in power or overall, also i want to change the air filter may be a green coton filter keep it simple or go for an induction kit any advice would very helpfull indeed
thnks stuartk

I would suggest modifying the airbox and installing a new OEM filter.

Although this is for VW 16v Engines the same principle applies, another option might be an airbox from the RS4, I understand that it's slightly different to the other models in the B5 range. Airbox will provide you a better colder airflow so directing more air into it and removing restrictions will be better than a cone filter. If it's good enough for a factory 300+BHP car then it's enough for the 20vT

Toyotec's how to make your MK3 16v breathe on a budget. Part 2 added 14-12-09

The stock airbox will flow 380hp without any problems, audi didnt change it for the RS4, so you neednt worry.

The stock airbox will flow 380hp without any problems, audi didnt change it for the RS4, so you neednt worry.

So all Audi A4 B5 airboxes are created equal? My dirty derv has been smoother since chucking a new genuine filter in actually, miles better than the week I had the green cotton nonsense on there.

they're all fairly similar. Different outlet size/positions depending on the engine ofcourse.

As you say, a good clean decent quality paper filter is the way to go.