ARB Fitting

Markey

Reaction score
I have a new front ARB for my car.
When fitting it do i need to grease or copper ease the rubbers so that it does not squeek?
I have never fitted on my self before?

Cheers.

Are they ruber or polyurethane? Is poly, you need to use a silicone based grease... preferably a REALLY thick one that wont vanish in 5 minutes

Rich

I have not got any poly bushes, should i replace them as well then, i was just going to leave the original ones in.

If your replacing the ARB, i would replace everything that is in easy reach whilst its out. The rubber bushes tend to go soft and will mean the ARB will move more than is necessary. Is it an aftermarket ARB or standard replacement?

Rich

It is an aftermarket one.
Where can i get the bushes from...

YOU????

It is eibach and don't know what size, just ordered it.

Ok. Well it actually should come with some poly bushes as the ARB will be thicker than the OE one. That being the case, it may even come with the grease too

Sweet thanks for the info mate....
Very helpful as always...

hi all, at work we use a red grease, i dunno what it is but i will find out if u want, i always end up getting covered in it while leaning on the car. f*cking god damm red /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif..........

Cheers snoop mate....

Will do Greg im hoping it will tighten up the front just a little more.
Although now i have had my Front Arms replaced it seems to be tighter already...
Watch this space.