Front Window runner adjustment

I

imported_kenloen

75% of the time when i try to close the drivers window, it gets 1/2 way then goes back down. I can easily get round this by continually tapping the 'up' button quickly until the window is fully closed, but i got a feeling it does this because the window runners inside the door might have moved. Does anyone know which of the runner side/s is more likely to have slipped. I have to remove the doorcards this evening to connect my speakers so might as well see to this at the same time.. its such a pain getting the door cards back on now i fitted new speakers i dont want to be having to keep taking them off/on.

have you tried spraying silicon lubricant into the window channels when the window is fully down. It might help. The runner assembly, glass and motor is all one piece, held onto the door frame by 4 torx bolts, 2 each side. I do remember seeing other posts in the past where people have had this problem and lubricating the runners have solved it.

Regards,

Jim.

I would be more inclined to say you have a faulty switch rather than say the runners as it seem strange that it would go halfway then all the way down.

The only other thing that would make it go partly down is the safety feature which uses resistant to determine an obstruction but this would not make it return all the way down I don't think.

Re-grease the motor mechanism runner that make the window go up and down as it is unlikely to be the glass runners.

If all else fails I have a complete window frame with motor if you want to make me an other.

i dont think its the switch. i have watched what happens. the window gets midway, suddenly takes on a tilt (wthin the frame) then goes into reverse mode.. the saftley feature you mention.. maybe it is the window runners sticking/need greasing . silcon lubricant, i shall look out for some ..