Few New Pics Including S4 Skirts

madkebab

Reaction score
Been pretty busy lately so thought id show you all what ive been up to. Plenty more to come soon.......
PICT0145.JPG

PICT0144.JPG

PICT0142.JPG

PICT0141.JPG

PICT0140.JPG

PICT0146.JPG

PICT0147.JPG

PICT0148.JPG

PICT0152.JPG

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

Its the APR one mate. Its a bit noisy but looks oem which is what I was after.

Very nice work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif You have been busy.

how did you attach the skirts? oem bits or double sided tape? need to get mine done.

Like the german plates, want some myself- (got a Ingolstadt holder though pic)

Also how does ths sub sound?

Cheers m8. Must say thanks again to you for your advice on buying from ebay.de came in very handy for the side skirts. Fitted them with oem brackets and velcro and some trim tape. It was a nitemare job as there are 9 clips each side that are meant to fit to the holes in the chassis. Well on my chassis there are only 2 holes each side. Anyhow they are on pretty well now so if you need some more details let me know. Just need to get the bodyshop to mold them into the front wings and rear arch as I do not have any lower door trims.

The sub is a beauty. Its a 10" Boston Acoustic Competitor. Sounds really nice with the RF amp which provides it with about 350w rms. I have removed the rear panel speakers to act as ports for the sub. The thing I like about the install is that the boot is still useable. Picked my parents up from the airport and still got two full size suitcases in. Thanks goes to AndyMac for his advice on the routing of the cables for the install. Was pretty straightforward although quite time consuming. Worth it now though.

Check where they will post from as a lot of them will not send to the UK, only buy from people that have a good history, If you do not want to incur more cost only buy from pay pal sellers as otherwise you got to mess around doing bank transfers which cost about £20 to do.

Ok cool.

I guess you have to look for Worldwide i German? Is it Weltweit?

Whats the best way of searching? The Yahoo translation is not too great.

Cheers

If you look worldwide it will bring up everything or do advance and select German.

Goggle translation works by cutting and pasting what you want but be warned German Audi ebay is massive.

The old inlet samco looks a bit squashed at the bend!!!!!

Nice work and excellent photos Madkebab. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The old inlet samco looks a bit squashed at the bend!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha I'll have to check that out. Got a story to tell about that Samco. Used the old jubilee clip as didnt have a new one big enough. Thought Id done it up pretty tight. However was going for a quick spin and hit full boost and "Pop", the g/f thought we had a blow out on a tyre, I suspected the worse, cambelt snap as the power went completely. Lifted the bonnet and to my relief it was just the Smaco had blown off. You got to do these kiddies up real tight!!!

yeah when i changed mine i got some nice new jubilees, and done them up f tight, havent had one pop off yet! (off topic) has anybody else with boost gauge seen a higher reading with the hot weather, ive been hitting 16/17 psi, normally 15 solid. pulls really hard though im liking it!

what did you do with the rubber strip on the bottom of the doors ? how do you get it off ?

Yeah... I hate those damn lower door trims, I have them and they make the car look shiite in my opinion. Also, with reference to the other thread about those very door trims, I just don't think they do the job they were intended for and actually CAUSE more problems than solve, i.e. rust.

I'm having mine removed soon and getting the rear lower sprayed to match the rest of the car along with a set of S4 sides if I can ever find any!

German e-bay search term for those wanting to have a look German ebay S4 Sideskirts

Cheers

Tim

[ QUOTE ]
Mine is a 96 m8, no lower rubber door trim

[/ QUOTE ]

oh you complete bast.ard , i did not know that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif