Audi A4 1.9 tdi turbo not "kicking in"

jones1066

Reaction score
Hi thereIm new to posting online but would be greatful if someone could help me.
I recently purchased a W reg audi a4 1.9 tdi with 170k miles on the clock. I picked it up cheap enough so wasn't bothered about the milage.
Now fistly I couldnt believe how good these cars really are ,as the mpg is amazing and the performance is quite decent too.

Now im gutted as today when i pulled away from the traffic lights it felt like I was pulling away in an old transit van. It seems like the turbo is not "kicking in" and has become slugish and drives like a non turbo old type diesel. Ive read a lot of different things in different forums and have found a number of things it could be.
But .....
What is it most likely to be??
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Many thinks

Its most likely to be a number of things, to put it short you need to check the obvious vacuum lines and boost hoses Egr valve etc get it scanned for fault codes and the most cheap mod of all get some mr muscle oven cleaner down its guzzler !!!! As the vanes may be sticking !!!

As above, vacuum lines, n75, sticky actuator, carbon build up in the turbo and gunk in the inlets can all be fault found for less than a tenner and a bit of head scratching.
Any of my early posts would be a good place to start