2.8 quattro wheel bearings

205man

Reaction score
does anyone know how much front and rear wheel bearings are for a facelift 2.8 qauttro, and is audi the only place i will source them as eurocarparts dont stock them apparently.

also what sort of job is it to do them? i do have access to a hydraulic press to get them out of the hubs

and finally does anyone have the part numbers for them.

cheers

Quick disclaimer :-I'm running 2.5TDi Quattros, they should be similar to yours, if not the same

Try Jason at All German Parts for any bits, he'll sort you out and most bits are guaranteed, and all of good quality.
The front were about £50-ish, the rears £25-ish for mine. Don't get pattern makes, I have just redone 3 of the 4 bearings on Mrs PaulFs car after fitting (not cheap!) ones from the local factors over the last year.
It's ok to do, but if you are using a press you have to remove the front hub, which gives you the lovely job of the dreaded top pinch bolt. There are a few guides showing the front being done in situ, but I haven't managed. Last time I snapped a 24mm threaded bar trying.
After reading all the trouble people had removing the ABS sensors, I didn't remove them. I just unplugged them. The rear sensors are connected under the rear seat.
When removing the rear hub, mark the position of the eccentric bolt and washers before removal. If possible, you may be as well buying the 4 bushes and 2 eccentric bolts and washers while you are at it - they were shagged on both my cars.
Both front and rear bearings have a step in them, check before fitting you have them the correct way around - it will prevent a 'DOH!" moment later.
Again, if you can, get a 4 wheel alignment done afterwards - especially if you have changed the bushes and washers

dont get crap ones!
Meyle/Lemforder etc

Allgerman do them

once you have one out whizz round it with a grinder and use it as the part to push the other ones out.

lots of write ups on here

SKF or genuine bearings for me, even the meyle ones aren't great !

Go for Genuine bearings.
I replaced the front bearings on my FWD with supposedly German OEM bearings via Ebay, they lasted about 6k miles before I had to do the job again.......
Was using a hydraulic bearing press that I bought specially for the job, so know they were installed correctly, it came in handy when I did the job again!!!
Used Genuine parts the 2nd time and well over a year later and 10k miles they are still fine..........