Peeling Panel - Not sure what the part is called!

Malcolm Smith

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm new'ish to the Audi world, having changed from Golf's to an A4 B5 (changed due to expanding family!). At the time of purchase could only afford a second hand car and got a great deal on a 2000 model B5 A4 which I am more than happy with.

There is one blemish on the body work and it is on the boot where the key is, seems to be peeling and would love to replace it, but not sure the part, anyone got any ideas?

Also having seen a few A4's on the same era, quite a lot of them seem to have exactly the same issue.

Any help most appreciated!.
DSCN0648.JPG

Hi Malcom, welcome to ASN. Sure one of the guys will be along to help you out shortly. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Thanks Sandra, I've been hunting for the panel and seen many different varieties so not sure what to go for.

The guys in here will know. A lot of knowledge in here. Have a look at the inormation threads at the top of the section here, lots of good reading. :) x

Part Number is 8D5827576 with either a J or an N suffix (which I think denotes Primed or not).

The part name is "Grip Moulding"

Welcome to the forum
:beerchug:

Many thanks, I will have a look around and see what I can find! Most appreciated.

Loads of great information on the site, just been reading about what I thought was a problem with my gears, but it seems loads of A4's from same era have the notchy 1/2 gear issue when cold, mine is not bad, but feel it more on a cold morning (which we get all year round in Scotland lol).

£17 quid delivered, new and primed from eBay .... got to worth getting ... think the buy it now button will get hit .....

Many thanks, I will have a look around and see what I can find! Most appreciated.

Loads of great information on the site, just been reading about what I thought was a problem with my gears, but it seems loads of A4's from same era have the notchy 1/2 gear issue when cold, mine is not bad, but feel it more on a cold morning (which we get all year round in Scotland lol).

Are you from Scotland? Where are you? :) x