Dastek compaired with Star.

Reaction score
Hey all, I live in Edinburgh and in Fife there is a Dastek dealer and Star Performance.

For anyone who has not heard of Dastek here is a link Dastek UK.

I am sure most have heard of Star.

I have had my car remapped by Star after Christmas and was quite impressed with the overall outcome.

I have since though fitted a K04 turbo and need it setup. A custom map was going to cost me around £500 wish is great. However the likely hood is i will buy future mods so will need the mapped tweeked or a whole new map. I disscused this with Jim (owner of Star) and he told me its £500 each time. Now that could get expensive.

So i have been looking at other options and Dastek is used by quite a few around my area but not on Audi's. Their setup is i think. You pay around £500 first and they will map your car. Thereafter it is £70 a hour for tweeking when you get mods.

The Dastek is a Unichip which runs along side your standard ECU.

Anyway cheers for reading and any thoughts or knowledge on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

I would have used Star again without hesitation apart from the £500 a time pricing.

Cheers again.

I know of dastek as a SouthAfrican company. Very successful and very popular, and growing world wide. As for what they are like in the UK, I am not sure. I have spoken before wtih the owner of Dastek and he is a top bloke. If he maintains his level of service across to the UK then it should be a pleasant experience.

i have done a little more research and the starting cost is just under £550 then updates are £68 per hour of dyno time.

Not too bad i think.

We have a set of Dastek rollers down here in South Wales, we researched hard and long before we made our choice and we're glad we went with Dastek, great guys, Gerry (the main man) is very knowledgable.

We shall shortly be doing unichips as well and I believe they should be able to help you out now!

Grantos, you need to feed us with more info like what you can offer for both DBW & Non-DBW and what sort of gains and do you think you could map the up and coming G28RS kits that are starting up?

Also what prices for a setup then cost of remaps there after.

[ QUOTE ]
We have a set of Dastek rollers down here in South Wales, we researched hard and long before we made our choice and we're glad we went with Dastek, great guys, Gerry (the main man) is very knowledgable.

We shall shortly be doing unichips as well and I believe they should be able to help you out now!

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume then this is the Dastek "Load Dyno" - rather than a free-run dyno? I have been searching since my arrival in the UK for someone wtih a load dyno!!