Performance ???

bigtbanshee

Reaction score
Hey whats up, new to the place and the audi in general...I ve got a 99 a4 1.8t and i am looking to modd it...I was thinking of doing a chip, exhaust and wheels...What companies would you guys suggest? I was thinking of getting some 18s any suggestions looking to spend 400 or less per wheel. Thanks in advance
tom-

I have the same car, i want to get the Audi wheels that come wit the 2003 A4... I'm in the same boat as you, im new and im lookin juss to get a chip and a drop filter... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Recommend AMD for the chip & exhaust!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
JayA4Turbo said:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... i shouldn't think AmD are good enough to warrant shipping the car over from the states!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
JayA4Turbo said:

[/ QUOTE ]

i am agree with you but they always busy so book it now
for next month /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hi ManticS4....very nice car!!!,

I have been after some SSR's for some time now, but there does not appear to be a outlet over here in the UK yet. Nearest we have to the GT1 and GT3 is the FOX 5. So if anyone knows a UK outlet pleae let me know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

What are running on your S4, 18's or 19's and did you have to make any adjustmenmts to get them to fit?

Cheers... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Yeah, i wasnt sure if SSR's are sold in the UK. Over here you can get them from Tirerack.com. They would probably ship them to the UK. I have 19" wheels with 235/35/19 tires. The wheels fit perfect without adjustments (even with the 14" big brake kit). But if you have coilovers or lowered your car with different springs or shocks, you need to roll the fenders. Otherwise you will have some rubbing issues in fast turns. You just need to roll the lip of the fender on the inside of the wheel well. Tirerack.com

Guys,

The octane scales between the US and Europe are different.

Europe uses the RON (research octane number) scale.
The US uses (RON + MON) / 2 where MON is the motor-industry octane number.

So broadly speaking, 91 octane in the US is equivalent to 95 RON in the UK. And 93 octane in the US is a bit higher than 98 RON in Europe.

AndyMac,
outsch, $75 to fill up is brutal. I pay around $30 to fill up and get about 250 to 270 miles on a tank. But dont forget, if I want 95 octane (98 RON) I have to through 5 gallons of 100 octane racefuel in the tank to get to that octane rating. The race fuel is $4.55 a gallon. That comes out to around $44 for a tank. But I gess thats still a heck of a lot cheaper than $75.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Man, thats just crazy...$75 dollars a tank?? I pay $1.75 U.S. for 93 octane=$25 a tank

I would totally broke if i had to pay 75 a tank...

Yeah, it's bad here in Germany, 1.12 Euros for Super (95 RON/ 93 US) per liter, although I can get 100 RON at Shell for 1.22 Euro a liter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Something like 60% of the price is Taxes (DAMNED GREEN PARTY ******** /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif) (Did I say that out loud /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif)

Anyway, it's so much worse for y'all over in the UK that I in no way envy you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

xtop,

You pay $1.30 a gallon? where you from?

I had a 92 Honda accord and it was really reliable. So far i hear that A4's wont last as long as an accord and ppl have probs with sensors and turbos sometimes...

[ QUOTE ]
xtop said:
i've got a few questions, figured it'd be easier to ask in this thread then start my own (i'm sure its been asked a million times and i'm sorry lol)

1.but how reliable are A4's compared to say, the accord i own
2. i keep looking at dyno charts and it seems that A4's are putting 150hp to the wheels, that isn't right is it? it puts that to the flywheel, but what does it put down to the wheels? (i'm speaking of the 1.8T)

hmm..i think thats all i have questions about for now

but since we're talking about gas prices..i'm paying 1.30 a gallon :-D

[/ QUOTE ]

In answer to your questions....

1. As with any car there are no faults, but with the A4 there is nothing too serious that you should be concerned about in my opinion. And it terms of build quality Audi are second to none, especially when compared to something like an Accord.

2. Yes, that is 150 at the flywheel not at the wheels. Don't forget the tune-ability of this engine though, a simple chip will give you 200hp and a bucket load of torque, and then you have other options such as an aftermarket turbo charger kit amongst others which will give you around 250hp by itself, and in conjunction with a few other items you can easily realise 300+ bhp, and as with some of your fellow countrymen you can reach around the 400 mark!

[ QUOTE ]
Patrick said:
From personal experience and independent reliability ratings Japs cars are way more reliable than Audis. Particularly Toyota and Honda.

But Audi do build a very solid car. By that I mean you open the door and sit in the seat everything is substantially made. It's not lightweight and tin like.

However, as with all high performance items by their very nature they are more complicated and as a result the probability of things going wrong is increased.

The huge attraction for me is the solid build of these cars and the 4 wheel drive, galvanised body and the huge potential to tune these babies for relatively small money something simply not possible on a normally aspirated engine without major modifications.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
a4 turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
JayA4Turbo said:

[/ QUOTE ]

i am agree with you but they always busy so book it now
for next month /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

for the states try mailing sales@amdtechnikusa.com

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif