EM TuningVolks Autos

Thread: Torrey Canyon

1st Gear

Status

Torrey Canyon

As somebody memorably posted the A4 tdi v6 can leak oil, and my dear example has really started to lose some serious oil. Oil hits the ground from the right hand side towards the front (facing forwards). Are there any views on typical causes for this engine?

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Leaks from the rocker cover injector seals can really give grief. Check around the injectors, any oil there means you'll need to change the entire cover, or try to put sealant around the injector.

Adamss24 is the 2.5 man, hopefully he'll give you better gen.
    1999 A4 B5 1.9 TDi FWD Saloon, Green SOLD
    2000 A4 B5 2.5 TDi Quattro Avant, Maroon, 'Panzer' Plated (currently sporting wrecked engine - and gearbox )
    2000 A4 B5 2.5 TDi Quattro Saloon, Blue, 'Panzer' Plated, Cruise Control retrofitted, OEM 6 Disc Changer retrofitted
    2006 A6 Allroad 3.0 TDi Blue, awaiting stuff to be done!

1st Gear

Status
    Feeling a bit daft Paul - I finally added up the fact that the engine oil didn't drop week by week and checked the power steering oil level which was nearly empty. Must be a leak on the power steering somewhere. I will have a look for clues on past posts on the forum. Btw injectors all dry.

3rd Gear

Status
    I've had a couple of power steering leaks.

One was where the metal cooler pipe goes into the flexible pipe, and then later, where the metal cooler pipe had rubbed through.

It was a bit of a bugger to find due to the limited access.

You'll know when you are low on fluid, as the pump groans. Make sure you only use the green stuff to top up.
    1999 A4 B5 1.9 TDi FWD Saloon, Green SOLD
    2000 A4 B5 2.5 TDi Quattro Avant, Maroon, 'Panzer' Plated (currently sporting wrecked engine - and gearbox )
    2000 A4 B5 2.5 TDi Quattro Saloon, Blue, 'Panzer' Plated, Cruise Control retrofitted, OEM 6 Disc Changer retrofitted
    2006 A6 Allroad 3.0 TDi Blue, awaiting stuff to be done!