Auto close windows?

NineNails

Proud sponsor of the snack food industry
Reaction score
Is there a coding in vagcom or whatever its called now that will close all the windows on locking? At the moment I can do this by keeping the lock button pressed on the remote but I have to stand there until the windows have closed. I've tried a search for the answer but I've never had much luck with the search function on these forums...
Cheerses
Si.

any thing can be done on vagcom thats for sure, i have to do the same thing, but either my buttons are worn or have low battery as it dont always work first time i press, any how im sure on the menu you can change it, as if you have to command it to close on long press then should be able to do it on one press. only problem i see, unless the function is split like most modules, when you unlock the windows would go down fully. which would be a f...ing pain in the ****.

unfortantly i dont have vagcom pro only lite. so i dont know my self. i understand vagcom to a certan extent but some one with ALOT more knowledge will tell you soon enough

The coding just adds the functionality to the remote, it doesnt "auto" close the windows.

IE if you can already close the windows with the remote then the feature is enabled.

so your saying theres no option to move the auto close feature to a single press.

which is surprising considering my e36 had it and that was on a bmw system. still ill just continue to hold to put windows up or down, its not a major pain

Hmm, that's annoying. My 95 A4 had it but maybe that was controlled by the Votex alarm. I really thought there would be a total closure option. Ah well, back to standing there like a **** pointing the remote at the car waiting till the windows close.

its not that bad, and as the windows all have 1 click open/close on the drivers door switches it would take less time to close them like that as you pull up/ getting out the car. tis what i do unless i forget then just do it with the remote,

it is only on "hold" of the remote button.
its part of the Cat1 alarm spec . sure some bright spare could recode/wire it to do on one touch.

mine shuts after about 1 sec of holding so not bad

Interesting. Mine don't start to close until about 5 seconds. I wonder if there is a code for 'delay'. I'll look into it some more.
Cheers

mine waits as well, and sometimes it'll cut out halfway thru if i'm not quite close enough etc, requiring a second press and another delay.

I find it easier just to click the up buttons on all four windows before turning the car off!