S4 PFL headlight wiring.

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Does anyone have a diagram for the S4 PFL headlight wiring? I've got some headlights but no connectors. There is a small round plug on the headlight and a rectangle 3 pin socket on the motor? on the light also.

Cheers,

Dan

Easiest way is to trace the wires from the back of each pin on the round connector to the appropriate lamps within the unit, afaik you'll have ground, dip, main, and side on the round 4pin.

the three pin on the motor is 12v from the dip beam, ground, and signal from the levelling controller.

Easiest way is to trace the wires from the back of each pin on the round connector to the appropriate lamps within the unit, afaik you'll have ground, dip, main, and side on the round 4pin.

the three pin on the motor is 12v from the dip beam, ground, and signal from the levelling controller.

Ok, well I need to open them up anyway so will trace the wires back.

I thought the auto levelling system was inside the lights? Obviously not.....hmmmm

I'm not fitting them to an Audi car hence the query.

Dan

Ok, So it was extremely easy to open them! They have been opened before! To be honest, was very disappointed with the condition of them but seeing as I got them outside of eBay after the auction ended there isn't a lot I can do. However, I got them CHEAP and I suppose you get for what you pay for! A bit of tinkering and they will be right again.

I've got the round plug wiring sorted out now.

Its just the motor plug i need now. I've opened up the motor housing to see if there are any markings on the PCB to indicate which pin is for what, but there is nothing. :-(

The car they will be fitted on has an adjustable headlight switch, again with three wires. So hopefully it will be 'plug n play' with that once I have obtained a pin-out/wiring diagram.

Would anyone be kind enough to test their socket for me to show which pin does what?!?!

Cheers,

Dan